Recent content by agh2112

1. agh2112

Kitchen backsplash and trim

The grout will be white. I am guessing that you would suggest white thinset then for the same reason - to avoid any bleed through from the side of the glass?
  2. agh2112

So it sounds like what you are saying is that the adhesive (either mastic or thinset) will squish down to basically no thickness once the tiles are on the wall. If that's the case then I would definitely get the 5/16" version of the Schluter profile. I just didn't want to get the smaller size...
  3. agh2112

I am about to install a backsplash using marble & glass mosaic strips, mapei Type1 mastic and some Schluter aluminum edging strip to hide the exposed parts of the outside permiter of the tile. My tile is 5/16" thick and I bought a 3/8" depth edging strip. I do not want the edging strip to be...
  4. agh2112

What's behind the wall?

I just came across this post by johnfrwhipple https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?46935-Moisture-Resistant-Dry-Wall-and-Mastic-for-tub-shower-surrounds&highlight=maximum+thickness+mastic There is a picture of a pre-existing job that looks exactly like the bathroom in my house. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks