Recent content by AFK

1. AFK

Paint on fiberglass bathtube chipped off

i'm pretty sure this my case. my plumber pointed it out and i can see the paint chip in crackline fissures and almond paint underneath. it's definitely not discoloration.
  2. AFK

Running toilets: A flood risk?

i've been reading that if it's the flapper, the toilet would run periodically as opposed to continuously because it takes a certain amount of time for the water to get to a certain level or something. yes/no?
  3. AFK

the toilet is running continuously as opposed to periodically.
  4. AFK

aite, i'm currently trying to troubleshoot what the hell is causing my toilet to run. home depot is 15 minutes away, so i was hoping to get the parts for my toilet and also whatever paint and prep items for to fix the chipped paint on my bathtub in one trip before home depot closes.
  5. AFK

Paint on fiberglass bathtube chipped off

Paint on fiberglass bathtub chipped off What kind of paint do I get to repaint the chipped area? It's just a small area around the tub spout that was chipped off when the spout was replaced. The color underneath the paint was revealed to be a beige, and the paint that was chipped was white...
  6. AFK

A plumber told me that there is a possibility of the running water accumulating if it starts running too much and it could flood the bathroom. I'm not in a rush to fix it since the HOA pays for water, but is this possibility...true? Also, other than just wasting water, what other risk is...
  7. AFK

how would you guys handle this? just had a Pegasus shower valve installed.

no, it's the same company that did the shower valve...they're fixing their mistake
  8. AFK

They said it was something done wrong so that is why they are going to fix it (free of charge because it was their error). This is the company: http://www.coastalplumbinginc.com/ Seems pretty legit to me?
  9. AFK

I want to get rid of the dishwasher because I don't ever use it!

Where can I find a "stock base cabinet?" My existing cabinetry is a wood stain; any ideas how to match that as well?
  10. AFK

i found some potential licensed guys. learned that the key words are "finish carpenter" and "handyman." i'll probably end up opting for a handyman since he can also remove the dishwasher while he's there.
  11. AFK

sweet! coastal plumbing just dropped by to take a look and they agreed to fix the spout free of charge (as it should be)!
  12. AFK

Alright, well, I'll still have him take a look tomorrow because another finish carpenter is coming on Thursday and he seems pretty legit (and licensed): http://www.wildwoodstairs.com/index.html Good to compare prices and get a feel.
  13. AFK

I just went on Craigslist and found a couple to call. One is dropping by tomorrow to take a look so he can give me an estimate. He's not licensed but he is AAMA certified. How important is it that the carpenter is licensed? And does it mean anything that he is AAMA certified?
  14. AFK

I don't even know where to begin. Should I just go to the Yellow Pages and find any random carpenter? Or is "finish carpenter" the key phrase here? I live in San Diego so if anyone can give me recommendations, that would be super!
  15. AFK

I'll probably get a plumber to do this, but will this create problems? My kitchen is tiny so I want to create shelves in place of the dishwasher "hole" so I can move my toaster oven and coffee maker down there so I can have a proper work area in the kitchen by freeing up counter space. If...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks