Recent content by acjensen

1. acjensen

Unions. Yes or NO?

cable news The 24 hour news cycle brought on by the cable news networks is the worst thing to ever happen to reporting. Now instead of getting impartial reports based on the facts, you get hour-long shows by talking heads custom catered to certain politically like-minded audiences. The result...
  2. acjensen

Copper Prices!!!!!

Backup batteries made with lead are also getting more expensive. This is because China is buying it all up for the toys they're sending us.
  3. acjensen

new at this

if you're going to wet vent the bath group, doesn't everything being wet-vented HAVE to be above the WC?
  4. acjensen

Planning on moving main stack

Found this on another site, it seems legit, would this arrangement work for my situation? Here's what the site said: Where there is only one water closet in a stack vented group, it may connect to the vertical stack or horizontal continuation of the stack and remaining fixtures upstream of...
  5. acjensen

the vent is going to be 2 inch, is that big enough? (note: this is a separate vent for the laundry tub and the planned bathroom downstairs, and has nothing to do with moving the stack)
  6. acjensen

I COULD, but the reason for doing so is that this is my laundry room, and i'm making it into a laundry/utility/bathroom and i'd like the extra space... the rest of the under slab plumbing is on the other side of the room and is unrelated to the main stack, i just want to move it to buy some...
  7. acjensen

overhead drawings here are a couple overhead drawings of the existing and proposed layout. the scale is 4 squares to the foot. I think the proposed one looks good, let me know if you guys see anything that needs work.
  8. acjensen

Laundry Tub Drain Help

sounds like you have an s trap for your laundry room sink, which has no vent, and are not allowed by code in most if not all areas. can you run a vent up thru a wall into your attic to tie in with an existing vent, or to run it out your roof? an AAV (air admittance valve) may be ok, but I...
  9. acjensen

i guess i don't understand this... the 90 is from horizontal to vertical, if that's what you mean, not all horizontal. ar3e long sweep 90's preferable at any point in option 2?
  10. acjensen

Bell Trap Drain

is there a hole in the side of the bowl for the drain? If so, that's the cleanout and it bypasses the trap, there should be a plug there. I had this same problem, but the p-trap was completely plugged with rust and debris, so the only way it could drain was with the cleanout plug missing (it...
  11. acjensen

i was planning on venting the tub... thanks for the advice, what is the purpose of the 4x3 reducer? I'll do it that way if there's good reason to. Is it because the 4" pipe can have more air in it?
  12. acjensen

i'm thinking option 2 is best, with the vent slightly up from horizontal on the toilet line. I'd like a second opinion, though...
  13. acjensen

got that, the things i'm more concerned about are above the slab... i was wondering if option 1 or 2 is best for the wc meeting the main stack, or if there's a third way that's better?
  14. acjensen

i should clarify, i didn't do that hack job with the laundry sink into the cleanout... it was like that when I bought the house, one of many things I hope to correct by doing this. Also, the toilet is a 4" to 3" reducer, wouldn't this be a great place for clogs to happen? It doesn't help that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks