Recent content by 7echo

1. 7echo

New softener

I am replacing my 80 gallon tank water heater with a tankless model. The tankless will mount on an exterior wall leaving room to add a softener where the tank was located. We have 3 people in this 1200 sq foot home. 2 bathrooms. It will be on the hot side only. Any recommendations on...
  2. 7echo

compact softner?

Maybe under the kitchen sink? I usually see large tanks outside of the house, but I don't really have that option. There is also a little closet next to the water heater, between the hall bathroom and kitchen, but I would have to figure out the plumbing.
  3. 7echo

compact softner?

Are there any softeners that are small and can be installed at the point of use? I don't think we have room to install a full sized system. I have new counter tops in the kitchen and the water drops are leaving mineral deposits. Thanks for comments!
  4. 7echo

water in avc line

Thanks for responding. I can't post an image anytime soon, I will have to get back there with a camera. This is a Sta-Rite pump, typical(for this area) tank with an AVC on the side. Where would the check valve be located? I am not a well guy, just trying to assist some elderly shut-in folks...
  5. 7echo

water in avc line

There is water in the line between the AVC and the pump. Can someone help me with why this is happening and what to do to stop the problem? Thanks!
  6. 7echo

toto one piece options

What are the differences between the UltraMax and UltraMax II?
  7. 7echo

toto one piece options

Finally got the bathroom remodel ready for a toilet. I originally wanted a Guinevere but the cost has put me off on that one. What other Toto's would you all recommend that are one pc? Skirted and sana-gloss would be nice to make it easier to clean, but the requirements currently are one piece...
  8. 7echo

closet flange

Thanks for the comments guys.
  9. 7echo

closet flange

If pouring lead is involved to make it right I will call the plumber. How do you extend that drain pipe?
  10. 7echo

closet flange

OK, OK, you don't have to tell me twice : ) I have no prob returning that closet flange. However, the interior of the pipe is not too bad and I think the gasket would seal, it is very tight when I checked it by pushing it in a little. I am open to options!
  11. 7echo

closet flange

It is about 1 1/8" from tile deck to top of pipe, and 1 5/8" from tile deck to the slab right around the pipe. This is the result of a bad remodel 15 years ago. I want to fill in the area so that it supports the flange properly and adds material for the flange bolts to anchor. What should I use...
  12. 7echo

insulation

I am remodeling a bathroom and will have an acrylic tub. Is it OK to foam(low expansion) the voids in the wall areas of the tub? It will be set on a mortar bed, with poly between the tub and mortar. I am thinking it would be good to insulate the tub wall cavity. I am talking specifically about...
  13. 7echo

tub options

I have posted asking about tubs a while back, but have some more questions. Getting ready to start the bathroom remodel. I have been looking at tub options. I can fit a 60" x 32", and want a deep tub. I was kinda set on acrylic, but am not sure. I currently have an americast that has worked...
  14. 7echo

Toilet options

I would like a Toto and have looked at Dartmouth and Guinevere. However, I might have to use a supply house that is primarily Kohler, or go to a big box(which i do not want to do). So, I am interested in specific models that the pros here consider good toilets. Of course I would rather buy a...
  15. 7echo

Toilet options

If you all had to choose something other than a Toto toilet what would it be?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks