Recent content by 70runner

1. 70runner

Pressure regulator @ street?

There is a PRV on the house circuit at the entry to the house. Given the cap failure, I'm wondering if I should PRV the house line at the street. AFAIK, the house line is schedule 40 1" pvc.
  2. 70runner

Pressure regulator @ street?

4 acres of hilly terrain, house sits on hill, about 100ft higher than street. Main 1.5" water line from street goes to meter, then up to backflow preventer, then underground where it splits to 2 main circuits. One circuit feeds house and several perimeter sprinkler valves. The other circuit...
  3. 70runner

Pls comment on my softwater plan

Tho I appreciate both inputs, could you guys take this somewhere else?
  4. 70runner

I considered that, however, the company was very uninterested in helping me beyond explaining the cost for a visit. The system not only leaks it doesn't regen either. They offered to come "look at it" for $250, parts & labor rises (probably exponentially) from there. Very pricey for a simple...
  5. 70runner

Very helpful, thx again. Single story. Guess I have to find a drain or no softener.
  6. 70runner

I was hoping you guys would chime in - THX. There is no drain (septic) near the install location (supply line). The previous owners installed a LifeSource tank with prefilter at the location. The water line comes in near a rear bedroom. The LifeSource guys ran the connecting lines around the...
  7. 70runner

3 people, muni water, no iron/manganese, 16gpg, 1" supply line, 4 baths, no special shower/tub sprayers. I'm a fan of 2 tank systems, having installed a Fleck twinflo system at previous residence. Going with 9100SXT valve. The numbers work out to a 32K system, but a couple vendors have...
  8. 70runner

Fleck 90deg adapter?

No problem. I was basing my question on the valve I'm familiar with, the Fleck twinflo, where it opens to the rear. I assumed the 9100 did also, but apparently it opens to the side which solves my wall proximity issue.
  9. 70runner

Fleck 90deg adapter?

Not sure how those would solve my prob. Looking for a 90 elbow yoke assembly, a 1" version of this:
  10. 70runner

Fleck 90deg adapter?

My 9100SXT twin tank install needs to be close to the wall. I found a 3/4" adapter for the 9100 here, unfortunately my supply line is 1". Would this work or does Fleck have a 1" 90 adapter?
  11. 70runner

Pls ID this prefilter

With recent home purchase we inherited a LifeSource whole house water treatment system with sediment prefilter. Online reviews are widely spaced from wow to ugh. First order of business is the prefilter leaks, not from the canister seal, but from the bypass mechanism above it (pic). Called...
  12. 70runner

Pressure spike: PRV or thermal expansion?

Here's another question...assuming thermal expansion is spiking the water pressure, would it be better to install an expansion tank in proximity to both water heaters? For example if I install a single expansion tank at water heater A (whA) then the extra warm/hot water produced by the heating...
  13. 70runner

Jim, thx for help. Good point on approximating the piping volume. I used the Amtrol expansion tank sizing calculator (assume they use a nominal pipe volume.?.). Using 80gal (twin 40gal tanks) water heater, 60psi and 140degF puts me in their TF-8 rig (3.2gal).
  14. 70runner

Thx...would I need a single tank or one on both heaters?
  15. 70runner

City water, 3/4 supply line to Watts N45B PRV, then to twin softener system, to pressure gauge on outbound side of softener. Perhaps once every day or 2 I'll notice the pressure gauge at ~ 90psi. Opening a nearby faucet will bring the pressure down to the regulated 60psi level. I have two...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks