Recent content by 42skidoo

1. 42skidoo

Home Run Plumbing System

I have not installed any insulation yet. Good idea and an inexpensive way to keep the water hot in the pipes. I have a shipment of EPS comming in the spring for my roof so I will factor in pipe insulation requirements too.
  2. 42skidoo

Home Run Plumbing System

These can be set on a timer, but I choose to run mine 24/7. It's been perfect for about 4 or 5 years. I like the timer idea. I assume you circulating the hot water through 1/2" lines?
  3. 42skidoo

Home Run Plumbing System

I have a crawl space that is heated yet I wouldnt go so far as calling it a conditioned space. It is warm enough in the winter to keep pipes from freezing and this presents problems running hot water 70 feet inside the crawl space. I was looking at the home run system and I am under the...
  4. 42skidoo

Pump to tank distance ?

Yes, sorry I said IPEX as in the manufacturer. I'm using IPEX PE Greenline which is there potable water PE. Went to a few pump places and they call it draw pipe. Comes in 100 foot roles.
  5. 42skidoo

Dry Well ?

Ok so this is a CP system, wasnt sure. Thought maybe new technology rather than mechanical pressure switch this uses electronics. Thanks
  6. 42skidoo

Pump to tank distance ?

Update Got my new pump today. I went to a pump supply store. Spent about an hour quizzing the guys and they seem to know their stuff. I had all intentions of spending $800 plus on a pump but they said based on my application it is not required. They said it would be better to go with the 1/2HP...
  7. 42skidoo

Pump to tank distance ?

That is great news!!:D:D Next thing is to figure out how to get the pressure switch to talk to the pump ? In regards to pumps, is this not the coolest pump you ever seen?? Looks like something that came off a top fuel drag car. Don't know anything about the quality though...
  8. 42skidoo

Pump to tank distance ?

I've researched pump to pressure tank distances and don't see anything specific on this. I've got a pit well with limited room and want to install a larger tank. The basement would be ideal at 30 feet from the pump. I thought I saw somewhere that ideally you want the tank as close to the pump as...
  9. 42skidoo

Dry Well ?

Yup I'm off on Monday to visit a pump supplier and have a look at the Goulds. Thanks
  10. 42skidoo

Dry Well ?

I'm looking around for a new shallow well pump now. Given the importance water plays I'm going to buy the best available. The old pump I had was a Myers 1/2 HP 3450 RPM 110V. Good pump probably has been down there for 10 plus years. I'm looking at the Grundfos and Burcam shallow well pumps. Was...
  11. 42skidoo

Convertible Jet Pumps

Could someone please explain what a convertable jet pump is. I have a shallow well at 34 feet and I'm researching shallow well pumps. Also wondering about something called an injector. Is this an option only related to convertable pumps? :confused: Cheers
  12. 42skidoo

Dry Well ?

Spent all day in the well today. Removed the pump and disassebled. Seperated the impeller from the motor. There was a very small piece of plastic broken. I didnt think it was enough to cause the pump to run dry. Just to make sure and rule out the pump I installed a new one. Pump is working and...
  13. 42skidoo

Dry Well ?

Big suprise today, no water in my pit well. Thought maybe it was my old pressure tank, ie., bladder less model. No problems there. Pulled out the pipe and inspected the foot valve. Very dirty, black slime. Removed and cleaned. Put back down in casing, ran the jet pump and water came out for...
  14. 42skidoo

Water softner install

I hooked up a filter system for drinking water under my sink and installed a separate little tap beside the existing sink taps. I tapped into the main water line coming into my house right at the entry point where it comes through the concrete basement foundation downstairs. First copper line...
  15. 42skidoo

Problem solving pump cycling

Time to call in the troops The well pump is indeed running off the pressure switch. Turns out the safety switch kept tripping and shutting down the well pump because there is not enough water ie 1/2 gallon an hour. I thought there must be something wrong in the wiring but indeed this was the case.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks