Recent content by 41Fever

1. 41Fever

Shower Leak, pipe questions and future planning

If you are thinking of replacing the Moentrol valves, be sure to orientate your hot and cold piping on each valve as many new pressure balancing valves don't give you the option of "rotating" the stem to correct the current piping setup.
  2. 41Fever

Starting a Plumbing Project on my Own...

Since everyone has abandoned your thread I will give you my 2 cents: 1. You can't lay a tee on its back as shown in view A. 2. Your 3" clean out in views C&D is a: not needed b:undersized if your snaking a 4" line 3. Good luck locating that 2X1-1/4 TEE in View A 4. And as long...
  3. 41Fever

Starting a Plumbing Project on my Own...

Since everyone has abandoned your thread I will give you my 2 cents: 1. You can't lay a tee on its back as shown in view A. 2. Your 3" clean out in views C&D is a: not needed or b:undersized if your snaking a 4" line 3. Good luck locating that 2X1-1/4 TEE in View A 4. And as long as...
  4. 41Fever

Pressure switch question: 30/50 or 40/60?

You now need to adjust the air pressure in your pressure tank to 2# below your cut in of pressure switch so 38#.
  5. 41Fever

Please review this drain rough

Don't know if rough in plumber knew about inset medicine cabinet or not, but sure he would have brought vent to 6" above flood rim before going horizontal if he had!
  6. 41Fever

shower drain too close to the wall

From the photo it appears that "rough in" was for a left draining tub/shower unit. At the time of "rough in" groundwork, was the plumber aware of your desire for a shower only unit? Without that information, it is quite difficult to know what the end users desires will be. With a little effort...
  7. 41Fever

Proper way to drain/vent dual vanities?

You should consider using a double fixture tee...not a cross. Less fittings needed and only have to penetrate sill plate once. You will be fine connecting to existing venting as long as you are 6"above flood rim of highest served fixture.
  8. 41Fever

Drilled a couple holes in vent pipe - remove and replace or caulk

If it was mine, I would have used nail plates on ALL of those butchered studs. Hopefully that is not a load bearing wall.
  9. 41Fever

Wiring Bathroom/GFCI Circuit

I am a journeyman plumber by trade and we specialize in Complete bathroom remodels, including framing, flooring, tiling, sheetrocking, heating, and of course the plumbing. Generally we do NOT do electrical with the exception of moving a switch or adding an outlet (Just did one to install a TOTO...
  10. 41Fever

Anode Rod Removal

I have a seasonal cabin on untreated well water. We removed anode (to eliminate rotten egg smell) from previous heater and it lasted 18 seasons. Installed a new heater 2 years ago (also removing anode) during a remodel, and tank was leaking at the end of last season. Question is, what type of...
  11. 41Fever

leak due to overflow hole in drain assembly

Customer supplied fixtures Does your vessel sink have an overflow built into the sink? Many do not and require a different type of drain which, had you done your homework, you could have supplied the plumber with the correct stuff when you ordered your equipment online and saved some coin. Now...
  12. 41Fever

Rigid Copper for A/C LineSet

The copper you would have to use is called ACR. Doubtful it can be had from any big box store. Also would want to use refrigeration fittings and joints need to be silver soldiered.
  13. 41Fever

Customer problem RE: water heater & tub

Someone is trying to get something for nothing from the warranty company! I had a customer recently with the same "problem". Told him to turn up heater as liability will not allow us to do that. Called again after a couple days. Told him to turn up again. He did and called again the next week...
  14. 41Fever

Pressure Tank in Attic

Thanks for the responses. Please tell me more about the Cycle stop valves. Where would it be located? Where do I get one? I have no idea as to what size my submersible pump is nor how deep the well is. It is 110 volts. It has been in the ground for 35+ years without any problems...yet. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks