Recent content by 336flyerfan

1. 336flyerfan

1920's shower mixer - American Standard Re Nu ? B201 or B202

Yes...you are correct. Barry had replicated plungers from my set for B201. I had looked for years to find a replacement set for my main and only shower. The great folks at Hippo Hardware directed me over to Barry’s company.
  2. 336flyerfan

The one in the picture above has fine threads...you’ll also notice that the stem has a fine thread. The 1/2” valve is course thread and the 3/4” valve is fine thread from what I’ve seen over the years. On the plungers, the course one only has 2 rows of threads.
  3. 336flyerfan

The stem to this valve is double threaded...it is easy to mis align the threads which will cause it not to close all the way. First insert the sleeves and plungers into the valve body. Then place the stem on top and turn to the right until you can screw down the cover plate - the valve will be...
  4. 336flyerfan

The difference between B201 and B202 is the size of the valve - both are identical in looks. B202 is the larger one and uses a fine thread plunger and B201 is the smaller one and has a course threaded plunger.
  5. 336flyerfan

Goto www.barrywalter.com you'll need to talk with Barry Sr directly at 970 867-3858. The plungers are not listed in his catalog. This company is a first class operation and Barry is a really busy guy (might need to leave a few messages).
  6. 336flyerfan

The little screw on the hot plunger is an early version of a scald protector.
  7. 336flyerfan

Standard Valve B201 Great news for everyone who loves this old valve - Barry Walters now has the plungers for both the hot and cold side available. They work really well but you may need to shim your washers so it shuts off completely due to the wear pattern on your stem. These parts...
  8. 336flyerfan

Don't pry anything...the plungers aren't available at this point anymore and are made of bronze. I am in the midst of having plungers reproduced from a set of originals to help solve the majority of issues people are experiencing with this valve. Meanwhile, try Blaster from home depot. You...
  9. 336flyerfan

Plungers should be pushed in all the way and then turn the handle clockwise. The stem is a double threaded stem so if it doesn't shut off correctly the first time, turn the handle 180 degrees and try again. You can get the washers frome Lowes...you'll need to buy the Danco faucet repair kit...
  10. 336flyerfan

B201 Standard Mixing Valve Help!!!! I'm in desperate need of the cold plunger that goes with this valve. I have checked all over metro detroit to no avail. From my understanding, this part has been long out of production. I've been able to find two hot plungers, but, nobody has the cold...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks