Recent content by 311hemi

1. 311hemi

New water softener programming/setting.

Bringing this back up just to review. Currently my system is set to everything I mentioned on the first page. It's a 1.5 cu/ft softener. Kcap is currently at: 37000 Salt/regen:9 (I believe this means 6 lb/ft3, correct) Day override:5 I recently looked at my water usage for the past 60...
  2. 311hemi

Iron filtration system for irrigation system

I would require at least 10-12 gmp. One detail I left out was that I have a little tannin in my water....if that makes any difference on the setup. Just exploring options at this point. If I went for a sandpoint, I would be hoping to be higher than that (12-15 gmp).
  3. 311hemi

Iron filtration system for irrigation system

Are there any decent solution for an iron removal system for my yard irrigation, or something that could handle both irrigation and my home system. Currently I am removing iron (3-3.6 ppm) with the softener. I am trying to figure out ways to keep rust stains off the hard scapes. A...
  4. 311hemi

How does one go about this? And thanks, the rest makes sense. Would it hurt anything for me to drop down to 6 lb per ft, from the 9? It looks like it would cost around the following for the chlorine/tank/GAC system Carbon backwash filtration system: 575 Pump: 460 15 g Tank: $120 Are there...
  5. 311hemi

Here are the specs from the spec sheet, if that matters. I have the 150 model.
  6. 311hemi

Compensated hardness = 24 (I set this) K of capacity = 37 x 1000 Salt dose = 9 Gallons between regens = 1541 Day override = 5 (I set this) Over the past 9 days (since the softener was installed), we have not used over 95 gallons in a day with my family of 4. And only 2-3 of those were over 90...
  7. 311hemi

The softener came setup from 3M, I assume with their settings in the clack valve. They had set the salt dose at 9. Do I still need to make adjustment to it. Your site says"If you have 2.0 ppm or more of iron, you may want to regenerate every 3-4 days." My system has fine mesh resin, and I...
  8. 311hemi

Are they correct in that the tannins could foul a iron filter? If so, what would be the recommendation on how to proceed to remove the iron that would not be fouled by tannins. In the long run, I don't have the knowledge to know how soon an iron filter would be fouled as compared to the water...
  9. 311hemi

My hardness listed above is either 7 or 10, depending one which test you guy by. I calculated using 4 grains per ppm of iron, I seem to see it anywhere from 3-5 depending on who you talk to. I know I should be somewhere around 20-25...and understand that it is not the most efficient. I have...
  10. 311hemi

Will it be using 3x the salt because I should be regenerating every 4-5 days like I have it set up, so I currently have it running properly? Or, should I let it run at factory settings and remove the day override? Could I drop my salt dosage down to 6 instead of 9, since we are not using the...
  11. 311hemi

It's a model with 1.5 cu/ft fine mesh resin (manf: 3m Aqua-pure, formerly Cuno), vs the standard model which had the hi-cap resin. I think I only used 600-700 gallons of the 1550 or so it said I had useable after it regenerated the first time. but again I set the day override at 5 days.....so...
  12. 311hemi

Hi there, first time poster here but long time viewer. I just built a new home and just got the water softener installed along with a inline filter. Everything is plumbed 3/4" Pex, and then has 1/2" Pex going to fixtures. I installed the following units: Aqua-pure CWS150ME, which has fine...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks