Recent content by 1Norcal

1. 1

My PVC is going to explode

At the time the well was drilled the static water level was 85'. That was in Sept of 2003. I installed a 1 1/2 HP Flotec Sub pump June of 2006. I found the model number of FP3242. At this point I am ready to try a CSV with a small pressure tank at the well head, and switch back to the 1 1/4 pipe...
  2. 1

So power isn't crucial and high pressure is preffered, got it. Ballvalve when you say "test it without the relief valve" my pressure guage only goes to 100 should I get a higher one, and you say what is the max. I turned the pump off as soon as the ball valve is closed to keep from building a...
  3. 1

I will double check my electrical to eliminate that possibility. If I remember correctly I ran #6 aluminum overhead 250'. At the moment there are no tanks installed at the well head. I am starting to think that is part of my problem. I have the sub plumbed straight to the storage tank with no...
  4. 1

That makes complete sense thank you for clarifying that.
  5. 1

Thank you guys for the possible solutions for me. I have't tried closing the valve slowly yet to see what results we get. Between the heavy rains I have been installing the booster pump set up. Guess what. Yep, problems with that too. I called the guy I bought the pump from and he said I should...
  6. 1

Yes I did move the pressure switch with the pressure tank. During my troubleshooting I did try putting it back, just resulted in a constant on/off cycling. I also dug up my line to install check valves, but decided after reading on this site that it wouldn't be a good solution. The jobe valve...
  7. 1

Well I temporarily came up with a fix to my water hammer problem. I first tried closing the ball valve half way. At pump shut off the pressure still bounced 0/100+, 0/80, 0/60 etc. Possibly by playing with the ball valve closing it more or less I could have dialed it in. Then I tried opening...
  8. 1

Thanks for the reply. I did install a ball valve yesterday at the well head along with a hose bibb. I will try turning it half way I will be amazed and estatic if that is my cure.
  9. 1

Would someone please offer some advice before I break something. I have searched around the site for info, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have a well which I have been using for a few years for my animals on some rural property. 300 feet deep, 1 1/2 submersible pump around 280...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks