Recent content by 14kbiz

1. 14kbiz

Backup sum pump gurgling

HI all, Maybe one of you guys/gals can help out. I have a backup sump pump that was installed on the same drain pipe as my primary pump. The check valve is installed above the backup pump. Annoying problem is that when the primary pump goes off I hear a gurgling/sucking sound from, what I...
  2. 14kbiz

Air check valve replacement and brine float questions

Regarding the float in the brine tank, how low should it drop? I have a normal amount of brine in my tank but the float does not drop down as low as the brine level. Is this normal? I'm asking because my softener is drawing brine sporadically. I think the real problem is the air check valve...
  3. 14kbiz

Need help installing vanity over shutoff valves

You are right on the money. That's the exact set up. I cut 1 1/2" holes in the vanity base to fit over the valves. Because it's pex, the lines are a little wobbly thru the larger holes but I can figure out something to give it a bit of support. The water lines don't have much play as far as...
  4. 14kbiz

The valve goes into pex piping. The picture doesn't show it because the chrome cap is in the way, but there isn't a nut on the bottom of the valve.
  5. 14kbiz

Thought I had everything planned out to change my bathroom vanity. I thought wrong. Keep in mind I'm a novice. I just noticed my shutoof valves under the bathroom sink run vertical up through the floor. What's the easiest way to remove old vanity and install a new one. There is no back on...
  6. 14kbiz

Need help replacing bathroom sink

This might be a dumb question, but will the stopper assembly be in the way of the slip nut? I don't know. Just trying to analyze anything that can go wrong. That's usually my luck, it plan everything out, get so far and have a problem. I'll try the extension tube with the slip nut. Thanks...
  7. 14kbiz

Need help replacing bathroom sink

I usually don't tackle plumbing jobs on my own but I'm going to try replacing my bathroom vanity. It looks like something I can handle from the research I've done. However, I noticed something a little different about how the current waste pipe is installed. Here's a picture to help explain my...
  8. 14kbiz

Please explain Brine SLow Rinse cycle

Thanks. Is it easy to change? Looks like one screw, do I have to depressurize the tank to change it?
  9. 14kbiz

Please explain Brine SLow Rinse cycle

My Autotrol 460i was not drawing up brine. My settings are 15 hardness, 24 capacity, and about 11 lbs salt. I called the dealer and he walked me thru a fix. Brine slow rinse seemed to be sucking air and I added more water to brine tank, he said level maybe low, so then the level was about 2...
  10. 14kbiz

Softener maintenance questions.

I just tested my water after a manual regeneration and got a reading of 7 grains/gal. I just bumped up the salt level by about 3-4 lbs and now I want to clean my brine tank and injector/screen. Two questions...I have an Autotrol 255 valve with a 460i control. When I empty the brine tank I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks