Recent content by 10ZA

1. 1

Dimmer switch confusion

Thank you for all advice Thanks everyone for your advice with my dimmer switch dilemma. I ended up replacing the switch with a new one (same model) and it works fine now so it must have just been a faulty dimmer. I do appreciate all the feedback and especially the berating of the guy who...
  2. 1

Dimmer switch confusion

Thanks Jim, I'm 99 percent sure it is just a single pole dimmer. I installed the exact same model on a different light and had no problems. I think I'll take the light down and switch the black and white connections to the light. Maybe that will do it for me. I've just never had such a problem...
  3. 1

Dimmer switch confusion

Hey Jim, It's definitely a dimmer. I've used the same one in 3 other spots of the house and they all work great.
  4. 1

Dimmer switch confusion

Hello Smarter People, I feel pretty sad that I cant figure this out myself, but I'm not an electrician and I need some help. I replaced a light fixture in my house this past weekend and also decided to put it on a dimmer. Pretty simple and I've done this before, but when I turned the power...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks