Water damage to wall at tub

Users who are viewing this thread

DanaandPete

Reaction score
We have a house built in the 50's. Most of the plumbing seems to be original:eek: with all the inherent problems of age and novice, piece-meal building. We have an enameled cast iron tub with the lip around three sides behind the (very cheap) surround. There is water damage to the wall which has been repaired before(we thought it was a leak from the sliding door track but that is gone) but the damage is back. My question is, should the tub be perfectly level or should it tip toward the back? And do you have any other suggestions about the cause of the water damage?
Thanks,
Dana:confused:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Danna, I believe the interior is made with a slope toward the drain, so the tub's feet should set on a level floor.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The rim should be level, this puts the interior of the tub so it drains properly.

westflo

Reaction score
The rim should be level, this puts the interior of the tub so it drains properly.

I agree. This is also what we have on our iron tub. I think we could give more useful suggestion if you could post some photos on your tub here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks