Moen Single Handle Faucet Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveJW

Reaction score
I recently replaced a Moen cartridge in an old single handle faucet. (Moen part number #1220). It is working fine with the exception that sometimes it does not shut off completely - almost like the handle doesn't get the cartridge stem all the way back down. Other times it works fine. I'm not sure what is causing this.

DaveJW

Reaction score
If it is a kitchen faucet , you probably do not have the handle engaged into the fulcrum properly.
Thank you. I am thinking I may not have the pivot retainer nut tight enough. Was afraid to over tighten. Is there any other "trick" to attaching the handle?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Since we cannot see HOW the handle is operating when it does not function properly, neither do we. Can you push the handle down to shut off the last bit of flow?

DaveJW

Reaction score
Since we cannot see HOW the handle is operating when it does not function properly, neither do we. Can you push the handle down to shut off the last bit of flow?
Yes. I can push down and that usually stops the flow. Or I can jiggle the handle and get it to stop.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That usually means the handle is either NOT engaged onto the fulcrum properly, or you have a cracked fulcrum, which is a possibility with certain models of Moen kitchen faucets. but, since we cannot see it, that is just a guess.

DaveJW

Reaction score
That usually means the handle is either NOT engaged onto the fulcrum properly, or you have a cracked fulcrum, which is a possibility with certain models of Moen kitchen faucets. but, since we cannot see it, that is just a guess.
Thanks very much for your help. I noticed on the retainer nut a portion of the rim was bent badly. I replaced the nut and with more detailed instructions from Moen I was able to fix it. If only they included the more detailed instructions with the cartridge, it would have save me a lot of frustration. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks