1/2 or 3/4 PEX to metering shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
Flow Velocity comes from the amount of pressure you have to push more gpm flow through small pipes.

example,

The chart I gave you said it can push about 2.4gpm through 1/2" PEX B at 8ft per sec and you will have some psi loss (friction loss) while the shower is running.

You could just hook up one line going to the shower and test your gpm flow and pressure while it's running. If you don't like the amount of flow and pressure you have with 1/2" PEX, you can use a bigger pipe size to carry more flow and pressure all the way to the very end before you need to reduce your pipe size to hook up to the shower.

Remember this "The larger the pipe, the less the friction loss, the greater the volume, the better the pressure".

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
The chart I gave you said it can push about 2.4gpm through 1/2" PEX B at 8ft per sec and you will have some psi loss (friction loss) while the shower is running.
That table is from the fittings, and those paths will total very few inches. The pipe velocities will be much less.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks