Installing NobleSeal CIS over Green-Stone Ethical Concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got the result with primer...

I have gotten to the point where i include asking venders to verify datecodes while pulling my orders.

I have sent my helper for 2-3 hr runs to pic up supplies and return with crap unusable product from some of my favorite mfg. resulting in lost day of production and the time/fuel. One day for example a loss of $300 for bad product date codes.

And no i dont have a helper unless im pouring a mud floor or big pan! A rare treat ...

No big deal to the vendor .

Do everything myself, ask every question twice ...i call it peeventive maintanance!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
You have to Counter. At least your a pro and check. How many people do you think even do that.

When I asked Ardex the first time about reading their code I was told I had to call in each number and wait for a call back. Then I tried calling the US line and got someone there who gave me the formula.

If everyone new how to read date codes there would be a lot of pissed off supply houses with useless product.

I spoke years back with a cement tech at one of the large Vancouver concrete plants. he told me "Always check the dates and always buy cement based products from company's that sell a lot".

One time I used thin-set from my wood working supplier for a Kerdi job. About ten years ago. Next day I go to clean up and the Kerdi sucked right off the wall !!! When I called my Kerdi rep the first thing he did was ask me about the date codes.... Now I make a habit of documenting them....

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
John, nice pics of this shower on your nocurb site.....looks to be austrailian code influenced!!

Hows that curbless entry gonna time out after you pour your pan and set drain?

Just Curiousity....

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I discussed this yesterday with the builder after I hit him up for a $1,250.00 progress payment. I'll be using a Stainless Steel Tile Edging Profile as capillary break at the entry to the shower. The tile outside the shower most likely a large 1'x2' Porcelain. The tile in the shower a 2"x2". This shower gets a 1400mm ACO linear drain with tile grate insert.

The shower floor tile will meet the Capillary break and finish up roughly 1/8" below the top. I will be setting the drain today or Tuesday and will snap some pictures. The finished tile might not go in for six more months. The crew just finished the roof. Siding needs to go on. There has yet to be any insulation and vapour barrier installed.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Ok so you are going to taper/feather your pan at cappilary edging i would guess....

Nice, the builder has you in their well in advance ..... Makes the project easier ..... Hopefully they protect your work while the other crews move fwd!!!!!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I protected my work.

This builder has studied so many of my blog posts here and at my blog page. When he called me he had followed one of my blog posts about preparing a negative void for the shower area. This was done by lowering the entire shower floor and tub area.

Ideal for me and my ACO drain. Originally this was suppose to be a supply only. In the end the builder wanted me to do the job. I'm glad he did because the original shower waterproofing was crap. Glad I ripped that out.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Hopefully you are getting compensated for all your extra effort/skillset/materials..

Will see. I quoted this job fixed price and have all ready gone past my time guess. It's about pride and process photo's now. Hard parts are done. Now to set the ACO linear drain and wait for the shower and bathroom walls to get boarded.

Then I'll button it all up with 8+9 and hand it over to the builders crew.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
JW.... Ill be starting my next shower this coming week... Full noblets/flex. Pan with ebbe drain and my first pairing with 8+9 finally have an ardex vendor here stocking 8+9.

In regards to coverage/yield, is their data accurate? Over wonderboard lite that is.

Exited for this build ..... Tough neo angle pan .... Client paying top dollar for a flood tested quality buildout....

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
JW.... Ill be starting my next shower this coming week... Full noblets/flex. Pan with ebbe drain and my first pairing with 8+9 finally have an ardex vendor here stocking 8+9.

In regards to coverage/yield, is their data accurate? Over wonderboard lite that is.

Exited for this build ..... Tough neo angle pan .... Client paying top dollar for a flood tested quality buildout....

Close to 80 square is a good guess.

Make sure the 8+9 is fresh. A client of mine picked some up in Dayton, OH that was a year and half old.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Now they don't teach things like this in school to my knowledge but cleaning a floor has a lot to do with touch and feel. How does the floor feel. When you touch it does it feel slimy. What happens when you scrub it. What does the water bucket look like.

When you work with concrete you learn how it acts. What it feels like and how it should react with water. Is it drying to fast. Is it beading.... On an on. Here is a time lapse video of my most recent job in West Vancouver. The home's concrete floors trashed by the dry wall crew.

I used water, elbow grease, a wire brush, elbow grease, an axe, some elbow grease, a 3" scrapper, diamond brick, and more elbow grease to get the job done. The video is only 2 minted 28 seconds long but the process took roughly 3 hours.

Today my shoulders are sore. I'm still tired from the days end blast. You can rent a machine to do the hard parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
so true.... bond breakers and porousity ......

Note to self: pick up a few pairs of overalls.

nice vid John

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
so true.... bond breakers and porousity ......

Note to self: pick up a few pairs of overalls.

nice vid John

I thought my viewing audience would enjoy the videos more without my Ass Crack spoiling the film! LOL I think the video makes me look fat.... No wait - I am! :) After watching the video like three times I'm so laying off the cookies and ice cream.

I'm so spent and have another killer hard day today. #$$^$ I thought it was going to get easier. Not harder....

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Heading back to this job again today to do the tile layout for the ACO barrier free shower. Need to tweak the pitch somewhat. Left it a little light because the builder seamed iffy on his tile choice. Now I need to build up around the drain a little so the tile guy has an easier time. God forbid he had to do it! lol

Did that sound bitchy.... It was!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
So this shower is wrapping up. Tile guys just setting the last of the wall tile this week. Here is a little peak at the capillary break detail at the entry to this barrier free shower.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Almost ready.

Owner moves in next week.

Place is crawling with cleaners, plumbers, electricians, me, stone guy, painters and of course the builder.

Looking good so far.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks