Korky MaxPerformance Toilet Plunger

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Korky has a new toilet plunger out, with a soft, different-shaped, bulbous head that is designed to form a seal against more-oddly-shaped bowl holes -- like the keyhole-shaped ones in my Toto Drakes. I rarely need to plunge the Drakes, but occasionally when someone really goes to town with the Charmin Ultra, there's nothing one can do but plunge it. My trusty Korky 90 plunger, which works great on our older toilets, has a bell-shaped head that does okay on the Totos but it does have some trouble getting that seal just right to use Terry's "short fast strokes" plunging method.

99-4A_in.jpg

http://www.korky.com/?p=Product&i=1101

I'm going to pick one up this week and report on how well it works on the Totos.

Kudos to Korky for always thinking about stuff.

One little complaint I can see already: it doesn't come with a little storage housing for the head like my Korky 90 and my Clorox one in the City do.

Available at HD and elsewhere.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
That's cool that they came out with the new shape. And I like the handle on top. :)

Yeah, my current Korky plunger has that handle and it gives good leverage and is a lot easier on your hands when doing the quick thrusts.

I'm looking forward to trying this MaxPerformance one!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
THE REVIEW

So, I picked up this bad boy today and tried it out on two Drakes.

Amazing!! It works exactly as advertised. You just put it in and the bulb shape seals around the whole hole. When you push down, all the force is directed into the keyhole; nothing comes out the sides. I compared it side-by-side with my trusty Korky 90, and it is night-and-day when using it on a Toto.

I don't mean to sound like a shill; I really did pay full price for this product, and I have to say it is just without question the only plunger than anyone who owns a Toto should ever buy. You won't need a plunger often with the Toto, but when you do, this thing is what you want.

I also noticed that it compresses easily. My Korky 90 has a solid plastic T at the top of the handle; this one's handle is an open tube. Makes no difference whatsoever when using it; just a different design. I wish it had something to stand it on or in; I will have to search for a little tray or house for it; it probably won't fit inside a standard plunger enclosure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks