Hole in shower p trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Sumbob

Reaction score
I have a ground floor tiled shower that smells musty all the time.when I looked down the drain I see that there is a hole in the abs at the bottom.do I have to remove tile to fix this?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have a ground floor tiled shower that smells musty all the time.when I looked down the drain I see that there is a hole in the abs at the bottom.do I have to remove tile to fix this?

Did you vacuum out the water to see? I would love to see a picture of that.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Is it a hole or just a clean out location?

Some P-Traps look like this.

32538291.jpg

Others like this.

32540071.jpg

You might be seeing the clean out and thinking its a hole from the angle you view from.

Sumbob

Reaction score

There is'nt any water down there,I was assuming that the trap water was leaking out the hole.here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 243

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No water?
You will need to fixt it then. You could try dabbing some ABS cement on it in stages. A bit, let that dry an hour, and then hit it again. What do you have to lose?
I would try cleaning the surface before trying the cement so it can adhere to the ABS fitting. If you can't make it hold water, you're redoing the pan.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks