Thick Deck Extension Kit for 1" Straight Threaded Shanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sethamin

Reaction score
We bought a widespread faucet for our new bathroom vanity - unfortunately, the max deck thickness is a 1-5/8", and the countertop is 2" thick. I called the retailer but there's no deck extension kit for this faucet. Is there a deck extension kit from another manufacturer that would work here? The faucet has 1" shanks with straight threading. The spout has a valve that screws on to the end of the shank, so the extension would need to have a hose-style compression fitting on the end to get a sealed connection. The drilled holes in the deck are 1-1/8", so the extension would need to fit inside that.

Any ideas?

(Other than "buy a better brand of faucet with a deck extension kit")

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The kits would be "brand specific" so unless that faucet was made by a major manufacturer and rebranded, you are probably out of luck, unless you can "recess" the mounting.

Sethamin

Reaction score
The kits would be "brand specific" so unless that faucet was made by a major manufacturer and rebranded, you are probably out of luck, unless you can "recess" the mounting.

The countertop is marble, so I probably could "recess" the mounting by countersinking the underside of the faucet hole with my dremel. But I'd have to notch at least 1/2" out, and the countertop is already installed so it'd be awkward. And I'd have to do that for 3 separate holes. That doesn't sound like much fun.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would guess that the marble has plywood under it.
You will need to use a hole saw and make larger holes in the wood. You can place a 2x4 over the top, and drill into that for the pilot. The marble setter should have cut the plywood out for the faucet first. But they don't always. It's a nasty job cutting the wood out after the fact.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks