Certificate of Compliance

Users who are viewing this thread

jennifersmith

Reaction score
Website
bestplumbing.com.au
I have refused to make Certificate of Compliance. Due to this breach Part 12A of the Building Act apply to me and plumbing practitioner give the penalties. So my question is what is the need of a Certificate of Compliance and when I get this. Any idea will be appreciates.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Who refused it.
Why did they refuse ti
Who is the plumbing practioner
Were you doing "contractor work" without a license
As for why you need and it how to get it depends on the laws in your area.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I am talking about myself. I refused it.

Again. Why was it requested? Who requested it? Why did you refuse it? You are giving us bits and pieces of basically useless information without any facts to help us. Usually a Certificate of Compliance is to verify that certain steps and requirements have been adhered to and the only reason to refuse to give one would be because something is not up to the standards required. One possibility, but I am only guessing, is that some plumbing work was either done without a permit or was done by an "unqualified" person, thus the penalties, which can be substantial, for not being able to give a certificate of compliance.

Reach4

Reaction score
jennifersmith, are you referring to something in the western hemisphere, or elsewhere?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Good catch, Reach4. This seems like something relating to the rules in Victoria, Australia. Interestingly, there you need to hire a plumber to do "roofing" (which there means not the attachment of the shingles, but any flashing and any systems collecting and distributing runoff, like gutters, downspouts, etc.).

Asktom

Reaction score
I think people here would try to help if we could understand the question. I, for one, was lost by the time "Part 12A of the Building Act" was cited. A little context would be helpful.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think people here would try to help if we could understand the question. I, for one, was lost by the time "Part 12A of the Building Act" was cited. A little context would be helpful.

Interestingly, Part 12A of the Building Act of Victoria, Australia, enacted in 1993, which is the toughest in Australia, apparently, relates to "Plumbing Work". It calls for a certificate of compliance to be issued. You can find a link to the act by googling "part 12A of the building act".

How this relates to India... I dunno.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks