Water line for outdoor kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Dprofets

Reaction score
So I got this crazy notion of ripping out a small deck that was in the back yard when we moved in and replacing it with an outdoor kitchen. I am planning on running a cold water line to a sink. It will be buried underground under concrete. I have a line to tap off of about 10' away. What would be the best pipe to use and how do I find out how deep to go? I had a plumber out for the gas line I need to run and he quoted me pretty high for the gas, water, and drain to be run. I feel I can handle the electrical, water and drain to save some $$$.

Asktom

Reaction score
The type of pipe depends on the code in your area and depth depends on where you are in California - Calexico will be different than Incline Village. Cold water will probably be the easy part. Gas under a slab and a properly installed drain are more complex.

Dprofets

Reaction score
The type of pipe depends on the code in your area and depth depends on where you are in California - Calexico will be different than Incline Village. Cold water will probably be the easy part. Gas under a slab and a properly installed drain are more complex.

I am in Southern California between San Diego and la. Temp is very mild here. Gas line is definitely going to be done by a professional. Thanks for the reply. How can I find the code in my area?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks