Ant hills in lawn

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hi Barry:

I have a mechanical solution for ant hills. I use a shop vac with a metal canister and fine dry sand. First I take the vacum and suck up all the ants and dirt around the mound. Keep vacuming until there is no more movement. Apply the nozzle to any visible openings and try to suck up any underground ants. Once all movement has stopped pour the fine sand into the exposed openings. Extend the mound of sand to cover all possible openings. Now kill all the ants collected with a hand held torch. I call it ant flambe. If you have a lot of material in the canister then suffocate the ants with CO2. Start a small fire in the canister and then cover it. That will deplete the oxygen. Wait a few hours of the ants to die. Check the mound next day and repeat

I gave that a try and Melted my Plastic Vac Canister.

Where did I go wrong ?

Now I have no way to repeat.

Guess I will have to drink a bunch of beer and piss on it.

eeplants

Reaction score
I have tried boiling hot water into it, but no use. So I decided to use a repeller now to finally get rid of them, thankfully it worked

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
We have sugar and protein ants here in California. I use cinnamon. they don't like the smell or whatever, and they leave. I also have a rodinator (www.rodenator.com) for the gophers. oxy/acetylene ignited down the hole works well to "sizzle" them.
Did I mention 100% organic?

Last edited:

RoxanWright

Reaction score
Website
solarservicingsa.com.au
I remembered my aunt who used to tell us not to disturb ant hill as they house spirits and anyone who destroys them will get punishment from those little humans that lives inside! lol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks