Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I see that Plumbing Zone is owned by Escalate Media

Escalate Media operates two companies, Womensforum Media Group and the Escalate Network. Womensforum Media Group is a leading digital marketing company focused in the women’s lifestyle category.

Nice :)

They deleted my account over there.
And they bash this forum for giving advice to homeowners.
I figure that maybe 50% of my users here are women. We welcome all to the adventure of home ownership and maintenance.
I love that we are like family here.
Terry Love

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Never heard of them and they don't pop up on Google like this site does when you input a question.

Went and looked. Saw a useless discussion on the Grundfos Comfort System like I have had for about 2 years in the country. Poster wanted to know the pros and cons. Mostly a bunch of ignorant comments and a few comments like, "I've heard they can be problematic." Useless. Now if they solicited input from regular folks like me, I could give them chapter and verse about it because it's always in use and was just tested by a very cold Long Island winter. It isn't enough for a bunch of guys to weigh in with "haven't had any callbacks on the four I installed" or "I heard you have to install it according to the directions". An actual user could tell them that in the coldest weather, in a long, long run from hwh through a mediocre-ly insulated chase, that previously took a good minute to produce even warm water, there is now warm water promptly at every faucet in that area of the house; that if you install the 4-way valve truly at the end of the run (by figuring out where it is), every faucet previous to that valve (shower, lavatories, everything) will have warm water within a couple of seconds of opening the tap, and hot water not long after. Washing your hands? You will have warm water to do it with. Shaving? Washing face? All things that don't use much water and thus it isn't worth running and running the water just to warm it up to use. Now you have warm water to do it with. Showering? Warm then hot water very quickly. After 40 years of washing hands and face with cold water in that main bedroom area of the house (with master, kids, and guest rooms), now it feels positively luxurious to have warm water to do it with, even when it's 7 degrees outside, and even when you're the first consumer of water in the morning. And on and on.

Here on this forum, you'd have a complete picture. Over there, it's a bunch of self-important types who have little to contribute because you don't hear anything from the end user.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I see that Plumbing Zone is owned by Escalate Media

Escalate Media operates two companies, Womensforum Media Group and the Escalate Network. Womensforum Media Group is a leading digital marketing company focused in the women’s lifestyle category.

Nice :)

They deleted my account over there.
And they bash this forum for giving advice to homeowners.
I figure that maybe 50% of my users here are women. We welcome all to the adventure of home ownership and maintenance.
I love that we are like family here.
Terry Love

Terry, it's a professional plumbers forum. They bash every DIY site. If you haven't been active since Nathan sold the site they probably did delete your account but they deleted a bunch if inactive accounts, not just yours.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Almost all the sites have deleted my account.
I believe there is only one besides this one that allows me to post. I guess they don't like me giving instructions on the Internet. I get it.

If you want to learn something, there is still this site though. The other sites, like wjcandee are social sites.

I do hear from a lot of plumbers, that if they want to learn something, they come here. My intent has always been to better the plumbing in the USA, Canada, and any other country willing to read and learn. You might say it's my consuming interest that plumbing does improve world wide. And really, we only need one really good site to do that.

baker_tub_02.jpg

Kohler Villager

And selling stuff? Yes, I sell all week long here in Seattle. I'm not old like nhmaster, I'm only in my 60's. I need to install a tub today in Bellevue. A nice bathroom remodel. At least this one is acylic. That Kohler cast iron tub last week was a bear. It had been delivered without the crate. Some suppliers idea of a joke I guess.

I host a few pages for plumbers that post here, and when I get calls from out of State I refer them. You will notice quite a few plumbers with signatures on this site.

gott_tub_03.jpg

Maax acrylic tub with Hansgrohe valve.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks