measurement questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
20 x 17mm 4/5" x 43/64

I've researched how to divide this formula up to better understand and know each dimension and what each measurement corresponds with but the only part i understand is 4/5 is the outside diameter.

so can yall tell me how to break this up piece by piece?

Reach4

Reaction score
Nobody is going to figure out what you are asking from this posting. I only figured that out from your other posting that was a little more coherent, and where you got useful info: take it to the store and see what thread fits.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
20 x 17mm 4/5" x 43/64

I've researched how to divide this formula up to better understand and know each dimension and what each measurement corresponds with but the only part i understand is 4/5 is the outside diameter.

so can yall tell me how to break this up piece by piece?

Your measurement conversion is off a bit.

20 mm = .7873992 inch (4/5" = .80 inch)

17 mm = .6692893 inch (43/64" = .671875 inch)

What are you having a problem with ?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Plumbing pipe fittings are standardized. You are working to hard at being an engineer instead of just getting the job done.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Very few Metric sizes will come out being a even fraction in inches.

The USA was going to go to metric, But I never seen it happen, but we did learn it in school.

China parts do not match US made parts if you get your Micrometer out and measure.

Have Fun. Were is the other thread ?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; the only part i understand is 4/5 is the outside diameter.

That is the only dimension you need to know. Your faucet has a 20 mm outside thread so you need a 20 mm to 1/2" ips female adapter, then you can convert to your hose thread from that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks