culligan Mark 812

Users who are viewing this thread

Drink water

Reaction score
Hello everyone...Hope some can answer my question..My sister has a Mark 812 with twin tanks..It is working properly..She lives alone and uses very little water..Why they talked her into buying a twin tank i have no idea..When the dealer installed it they set it to backwash every night..She called culligan back and they told her she had to buy a flo meter to adjust the settings for backwash ...My question is can i reset the regeneration to backwash every six days..I've read about the timer and it has the 6 day wheel..Instruction's say's you can set it for 6 days,3 day's,every other day or every day..It is a twin tank so do you set both timer's the same..She is trying to find the report they gave her of the water test..This just seem's like over kill to be having it backwash every night and then telling her she cannot set it any differently without buying the meter..Any advice is greatly appreciated..

Reach4

Reaction score
This just seem's like over kill to be having it backwash every night and then telling her she cannot set it any differently without buying the meter..Any advice is greatly appreciated..
Is she renting the device? How much more will she have to pay if she keeps the device?

It could be worse. She could have won the lottery, but needed to wire cash for the taxes or legal fees.

Drink water

Reaction score
Is she renting the device? How much more will she have to pay if she keeps the device?

It could be worse. She could have won the lottery, but needed to wire cash for the taxes or legal fees.

She payed for the water softener..No renting..About the lottery i have no clue what you're talking about..

Reach4

Reaction score
I apologize for making light. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery_scam The mother of a friend of mine sent money twice and was going for a third time. Implicit in my comment was the feeling that your sister got taken somewhat and she might be too trusting.

When you said "she cannot set it any differently without buying the meter" I was thinking you were saying that she did not own the "meter" and I was thinking you meant the controller.

I suggest you try to post a photo of the front of the controller with the cover off if possible. Some people might be aware of that controller. Since it is a mechanical unit, it may be easier to change.

Good luck. I am not a pro.

Drink water

Reaction score
Believe me i know she got taken..As for the meter it's the kind that count's water usage..So many gallon's and the softener will then regenerate.. Like i said i know you can set this for six day's..Just have never set a twin tank before..I would assume you can set both timer's the same since they both alternate..

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The number of days between regenerations depends on the salt dose they have set. So if you go from each day to like 6, the softener may start allowing hard water through it. I doubt they will tell you how to change the salt dose without her paying them to come out to do it. The meter they are talking about may mean new metered control valves, I think you have two based on what you've said. That would be very expensive and unnecessary if there is only 1-2 people there. Post pics so we can see what she has, I suspect two softeners with one salt tank acting as a twin tank.

Drink water

Reaction score
Thxs Gary,Was hoping you would drop by...Yes she has 2 softener's with a salt tank..The salt usage is set on 10 pounds..Lowest setting is 5 I believe..Salt setting is fairly simple to re-set if needed..Like i said she lives alone and uses very little water..To me there was just no reason to set something up to regenerate every night..That and 2 resin tanks were over kill in my thinking...Anyways here's a link from the Culligan web site on what she has..Again thxs..

http://www.culliganmidmissouri.com....stlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mk8.pdf

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
A good water test would be a nice thing to have. Without it, you're shooting in the dark. See if Culligan will give her a copy of it. If they won't, a) it tells you something about Culligan, and b) find another source for a current test. There's an excellent document from the Kentucky Extension Service at www.ca.uky.edu/agc/pubs/ip/ip3/ip3.pdf which will get you started. I'd do this even if Culligan did give you their test results, frankly.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Changing the sat dose changes the K of capacity. Without knowing the cuft volume of resin we can't say how things would work if you changed anything. If we knew the height and diameter of the tank we could tell how much resin and then with a hardness and iron test results we could figure out how much capacity and salt she needed for once a week regeneration.

Look at her paper work for any thing to do with cubic feet or 32K etc. etc. figures. And if the salt dose is increased, the height of the float in the salt tank will have to be raised. That seems strange to me since the refill should be timed because the instructions are to change salt setting on that dial.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks