Submersible Pump for wet slurry / wet blasting cabinet

Users who are viewing this thread

NIS240SHU

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to build my own wet blasting cabinet. For those that are unfamiliar, it's like sand blasting in a cabinet, but glass beads are typically used along with water to create a slurry. The slurry goes through a gun that also adds compressed air to propel the mixture toward the part being blasted.

I'm looking for a pump that will be able to handle this type of slurry. I know that another DIY'er has used a 1HP pool pump with success, but he does say he has to replace the pump seals relatively often due to the abrasiveness of the mix. Most of the professional machines use "glandless polyurethane pumps" or "submersible polyurethane pumps" and they often also mention stainless steel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a pump that would work in this application?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Helder

pjm19076

Reaction score
Hi Helder,

I too am looking to try and make a wet blasting system.
Can you tell me if you had any success with puting one together?

Peter

David Crocker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to build my own wet blasting cabinet. For those that are unfamiliar, it's like sand blasting in a cabinet, but glass beads are typically used along with water to create a slurry. The slurry goes through a gun that also adds compressed air to propel the mixture toward the part being blasted.

I'm looking for a pump that will be able to handle this type of slurry. I know that another DIY'er has used a 1HP pool pump with success, but he does say he has to replace the pump seals relatively often due to the abrasiveness of the mix. Most of the professional machines use "glandless polyurethane pumps" or "submersible polyurethane pumps" and they often also mention stainless steel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a pump that would work in this application?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Helder
Hi,
Did you get any information on a pump for "wet blasting"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks