Protecting water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

opto_isolator

Reaction score
I just finished installing the water softener tonight, hooked up CPVC lines. Is there anything that anyone has done to prevent the resin tank from moving? I can see that if someone or something moves the tank, it may crack the lines.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I bury the tanks into the ground about 1' if installed outisde. If the unit is sitting on concrete, it will take a very hard hit to break the pipes. You can strap the pipes to a wall if they are close enough.

opto_isolator

Reaction score
I bury the tanks into the ground about 1' if installed outisde. If the unit is sitting on concrete, it will take a very hard hit to break the pipes. You can strap the pipes to a wall if they are close enough.

Thanks for the feedback - it's in the garage in the corner.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You can secure the tank to the wall if you like. This is not usually necessary. You can secure it in a similar way that water heater tanks get secured. I use large unistrut clamps http://www.mcmaster.com/#strut-channel-clamps/=q50xmb
3310t51c1l.png
They look professional and work great. they are also fairly inexpensive. I use the 304 stainless, less than $20 for the clamp, the strut varies greatly in price depending on material, size, etc.
3115tp1s.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks