2" sewage check valve recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotbacon

Reaction score
I need to replace the check valve above our sewage ejector pump again (2nd time in 10 years). The first time the flapper had broken loose, thus defeating the purpose of the check valve. This time I'm just tired of hearing the loud banging and worrying what it's doing to the system. Can anyone recommend a good quality 2" sewage check valve? Slip on style is preferred to solvent weld.

I googled silent sewage check valve, as is often recommended in similar threads, but am not sure which brands are good quality.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Replace it with what you can find locally and this time drill a 3/8" hole through the check before installing it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; this time drill a 3/8" hole through the check before installing it.

And, if you do that, you might as well remove the check valve because it will be useless.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
quote; this time drill a 3/8" hole through the check before installing it.

And, if you do that, you might as well remove the check valve because it will be useless.

Yep, thought he was talking sump pump

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks