Best bang for the buck skirted toilet with push button style flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

argh

Reaction score
ADA height is not a consideration - in fact I would prefer it to be (comfortably) lower.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
ADA height is not a consideration - in fact I would prefer it to be (comfortably) lower.

Toto Aquia two-piece dual-flush with pushbutton. Model CST416M is NOT ADA height (412F is ADA Height).

http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=405

Terry sells a lot of Aquias and reports that customers like them very much; he has a less-than-1% return rate, which is tiny in that business. He also has a lot of customers who buy one of them, then call him to come replace other toilets with Aquias.

argh

Reaction score
Toto Aquia two-piece dual-flush with pushbutton. Model CST416M is NOT ADA height (412F is ADA Height).

http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=405

Terry sells a lot of Aquias and reports that customers like them very much; he has a less-than-1% return rate, which is tiny in that business. He also has a lot of customers who buy one of them, then call him to come replace other toilets with Aquias.

I've got an IntelliSeat ISB-200 - would I be able to install this on the CST416M?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Probably - I know you'd like to know for certain, though. In general, there are two styles of toilet seats - round and elongated...for the most part, the mounting bolt locations are standard (the Aquia uses standard locations for these) and uses an elongated seat.

The bidet seats that Toto sells have a small pedestal at the mounting holes that raises the seat a very small amount so if the area between the bolts is not perfectly flat, the seat isn't trying to bow to fit tight on those holes. Some bidet seats have that area as a flat surface and MIGHT not fit flat without bending. The other issue is the distance from the centerline of the mounting holes to the tank. Some seats might be too thick, and thus not be able to be raised.

I don't have the measurements of those. Maybe one of the pros has installed that model and will confirm. All I can say is that it will probably fit, not guarantee it.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Intelliseat says that as long as you have 18.1 inches from the front of the tank to the inside front lip of the bowl (i.e. the end of the bowl opening), you're fine. Unfortunately, the toto spec sheet doesnt show that measurement...

argh

Reaction score
I've ordered and picked up my CST416M sans seat from Pacific Sales. :D However, I won't be getting it installed till mid January - is there anything I should be concerned about (damage?)

Also, despite not having even sat on it yet, I liked it so much I'm getting another one! This one will need a seat, which is $60 at Pacific Sales. At the moment, I don't have the part number with me, but should I go with the seat they offer or get a different one?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would inspect the toilet for damage very carefully. Toto does not put out defective or blemish toilets, but things can happen in handling. Seats are universal. Toto makes what many of us consider excellent ones, but now and then some people don't care for them. Just a matter of personal preferences.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Among toto seats, his toilet will take the SS114, which is a seat many people like, and the ss204, which has a different, modern look. Both are comfortable, well-made seats. Just pick the one that you like the looks of most.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks