Slant Fin Victory Gas Boiler with intermittent firing

Users who are viewing this thread

Juan for the road

Reaction score
I have a 12 year old Slant Fin Victory direct vent gas boiler that recently has started to fire inconsistently.Yesterday the house got cold,the boiler fan was running,but no flame was present.So I turned off the emergency switch,waited a minute,fan came on,but did not fire.Did the same thing a few minutes later,heard the igniter and it fired off and ran fine.

I did the same thing last night.I want to grab some parts for it today.What would be the likely problem?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a 12 year old Slant Fin Victory direct vent gas boiler that recently has started to fire inconsistently.Yesterday the house got cold,the boiler fan was running,but no flame was present.So I turned off the emergency switch,waited a minute,fan came on,but did not fire.Did the same thing a few minutes later,heard the igniter and it fired off and ran fine.

I did the same thing last night.I want to grab some parts for it today.What would be the likely problem?

If you have to ask what parts, you have no business messing with it. The "likely" problem could be any number of things or a combination of them as well. Remember....GAS GOES BOOM!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks