Fleck day override question

Users who are viewing this thread

moreira85

Reaction score
I have fleck 5600sxt the setting set to 7 day override at 2:30a.m. I did a manual override last Tues at 8 a.m.
I woke up today Tues expecting that it regenerated last night and it did not?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The override forces the system to regenerate no less than X amount of days. For residential systems without iron, a setting of 14 or even 30 days is acceptable. I know someone on this site will argue this, but simply put, the 5600 Econominder, the most popular control valve for the past 30+ years does not have an over-ride feature and only regenerates when the meter tells it to, and I have not seen this as a problem, ever. If you have iron, more frequent regenerations become important but a simple chemical cleaning of the resin, or occassional replacement of the resin can also be done.

If your system is sized so that it regenerate more than what you set the over ride, the system will ignore the over ride completely. This function is primarily for applications that are not regularly occupied, vacation homes, etc where the system may not regenerate for months on end, this is not advisable.

If your systems electronics have determined that the system needed to regenerate every 5 days according to your metered water usage, the over-ride is non functional.

The 5600SXT flashes between the time of day and gallons remaining. When it gets low, you will see the "water spigot" on the display start to flash, indicating the system will regenerate tonight.

Hope this helps.

moreira85

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured it out. When set to 7 days it regenerated after 7 days not on day 7. With my old kenmore softener I would get staining of the toilets after just 2 days. With the fleck it's been over a week and crystal clear.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If you are using the softener for iron removal, 7 days between regenerations assuming you do not run out of capacity is a good idea. Iron fouls resin requiring chemical cleaning etc.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Thanks, I figured it out. When set to 7 days it regenerated after 7 days not on day 7. With my old kenmore softener I would get staining of the toilets after just 2 days. With the fleck it's been over a week and crystal clear.

I think you are counting from 8:30 AM Tue. the 5th, it counts from 12:01 AM Wed. the 6th and it should have regenerated at 2:30 AM Wed. the 13th (yesterday, the 7th day) and that is when you say it had regenerated.

From the SXT Service manual at
http://www.pentairwatertreatment.com/en-us/Products/Electronics/Fleck+SXT.htm

"A Meter Delayed control will also start a regeneration cycle at the programmed
regeneration time
if a number of days equal to the regeneration day override pass before water usage depletes the calculated system capacity.".

Reach4

Reaction score

I was slow to figure out the distinction. It did regenerate 168 hours (7 days) after the previous regen started.

From the manual...
Queueing a Regeneration
1. Press the Extra Cycle button. The service icon will flash to indicate that a regeneration is queued.
2. To cancel a queued regeneration, press the Extra Cycle button.
Regenerating Immediately
Press and hold the Extra Cycle button for five seconds.
Had you done an immediate regeneration by holding the button for over 5 seconds Tues at 8 a.m., I wonder when it would have done its follow-up regen-- not that that is critical.

Trivia: "Queueing" has 5 consecutive vowels. :) The other common spelling is "Queuing".

moreira85

Reaction score
I think you are counting from 8:30 AM Tue. the 5th, it counts from 12:01 AM Wed. the 6th and it should have regenerated at 2:30 AM Wed. the 13th (yesterday, the 7th day) and that is when you say it had regenerated.

From the SXT Service manual at
http://www.pentairwatertreatment.com/en-us/Products/Electronics/Fleck+SXT.htm

"A Meter Delayed control will also start a regeneration cycle at the programmed
regeneration time
if a number of days equal to the regeneration day override pass before water usage depletes the calculated system capacity.".

You are correct thanks for the clarification. Been 1 week and a half and no staining. Wife loves it.

Aiden

Reaction score
fleck 5600SXT Service Icon

Hello I noticed the Service Icon is always on, its not flashing. Its just solid, is this normal? I was wondering if that means that water is running somewhere or a leak. I read that when it flashes that means it going to regenerate but other than that does it always show on the display? Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks