Kohler Kingston vs Zurn Wall Mount vs TOTO Wall Mount vs American Standard Afwall

Users who are viewing this thread

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
Post your opinion down below. If you know another one you like or prefer, list it down below. My favorite is the Crane Placidus from 2003 and above but unfortunately they don't make that one anymore. Anyways this is for WALL MOUNT TOILETS ONLY!

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Post your opinion down below. If you know another one you like or prefer, list it down below. My favorite is the Crane Placidus from 2003 and above but unfortunately they don't make that one anymore. Anyways this is for WALL MOUNT TOILETS ONLY!
I gotta say the Kingston. Great bowl wash, powerful flush, and an old style flush too. I love it!

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
I knew you were going to say the kingston! I really like the new kingstons as well! I really liked the crane placidus because it had the old style afwall flush style... But stupid american standard ruined it and discontinued it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
afwall-01.jpg

American Standard Afwall seen in a rest stop with the flush valve in the wall behind.

afwall-02.jpg

afwall-03.jpg

Elijah

Professional Idiot
Reaction score
afwall-01.jpg

American Standard Afwall seen in a rest stop with the flush valve in the wall behind.
The toilet in that picture is actually an American Standard "Glenco" 2500/2502 bowl. The Afwall bowls from the time period that those Glenco bowls were produced looked like this:

image0.jpg

Top spud American Standard Afwall bowl from around the late 1980s in a community/rec center built in 1989. Both the Glenco and Afwall bowls were available in both top spud and back spud configurations.

1659758647325.jpeg

Circa 2007 top spud American Standard "Instanto" bowl with a Sloan Regal Flushometer + Zurn EZ-Flush retrofit sensor and a Bemis 1955SSCT000 seat. Located in the main concourse (near the A6 gate) at Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) in Jacksonville FL.

The Instanto bowls were American Standard's 3 bolt carrier wall hung bowls with the "blowout" style flush. They were discontinued the late 2000s and replaced with American Standard's Rapidway bowls which were imported from Crane's product lineup during the merger of Eljer, Crane, and American Standard in 2008.

Also here are some pictures of some newer American Standard "Afwall Millennium" bowls:
IMG_E2179 Large.jpeg

Circa 2018-2019 top Spud American Standard Afwall Millennium FloWise bowl with EverClean surface (model 3351101.020) + exposed Sloan Regal 111-1.28 ESS sensor flushometer valve + American Standard 5901 series seat. Located at Carnegie Library Apple Store in Washington DC (opened in May 2019, really cool building and really nice spotless restrooms).

IMG_E1437.jpeg

American Standard Afwall Millennium FloWise bowl (model 3351101.020) with an American Standard "Selectronic" sensor flush valve and American Standard 5901 series seat. Photo taken while the toilet was flushing, very powerful flush with a really great swirl. Located in the lobby (8th floor) of the Marriott Marquis New York (Very nice hotel but the restroom was not very clean for a Marriott lobby restroom).

1659759783609.jpeg

Here is another Afwall Millennium. I am not sure where this photo was taken but I do know that it was taken by my father in June 2015.

IMG_0796 Large.jpeg

Circa 2016-2017 top spud American Standard Afwall Millennium FloWise bowl (less EverClean surface) model 2257101.020 with a Sloan Royal flush valve + Zurn EZ-Flush retrofit sensor. Located at Target on Wisconsin Ave in Bethesda, MD (opened in early 2017).

I really like the design of these bowls, these are probably my favorite fixture that American Standard currently manufactures.

Now here are some images of various different Kohler "Kingston" bowls from different time periods:

IMG_E9197.jpeg

Circa 2005 top spud Kohler Kingston bowl (model K-4330-0) with a Sloan Royal flushometer + Sloan SMO retrofit sensor and a Bemis STA-TITE 1955SSCT000 seat. Located at Nordstrom at Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, MD.

1659761402494.jpeg

Circa late-2000s top spud Kohler Kingston bowl (model K-4330-0), with a Sloan Regal 111 flushometer (which appeared to have a urinal diaphragm in it), and a Bemis 1955SSCT000 seat. Located at Giant Food grocery store in Bethesda, MD. This toilet may have been a replacement since the other restroom here has a Crane Placidus bowl and both restrooms have Crane sinks.
1659761776385.jpeg

Circa 2005 top spud Kohler Kingston bowl (model K-4330-0) with a Sloan G2 sensor flushometer and a Bemis 1955SSCT000 seat. Located at Rockefeller Center in New York.

1659761932850.jpeg

Circa 2013 back spud Kohler Kingston bowl (model K-4323-0) with a concealed Sloan sensor flushometer (not shown) and a Kohler K-4731-C-0 "Stronghold" seat. Located at a rest stop in Fairfield, CT.

IMG_E2243 Large.jpeg

Circa late-2012 top spud Kohler Kingston bowl (model K-4325-0) with a Kohler "Tripoint" sensor flushometer (K-10956-SV-CP) and a Bemis/Church STA-TITE seat (model 1955SSCT000). Located at the Chevy Chase Pavilion in Washington DC.

image0.jpg

Circa 2000s back spud Kohler "Bardon" urinal (model K-4960-ER-0) with a Sloan concealed sensor flushometer. Circa 2020 Kohler "Kingston Ultra" bowl (model K-84323-0) with a Sloan concealed flushometer and Bemis STA-TITE 1955SSCT000 seat. Located in one of the second floor family/unisex restrooms at the National Museum of American History in Washington DC.
image0.jpg

A different angle of the same toilet as above. The outline around the bowl indicates that it replaced a circa 2000s back spud Kohler Kingston (model K-4329-0) bowl.

image0.jpg

Circa 2020 top spud Kohler Kingston Ultra bowl (model K-84325-0) with a hardwired Zurn AquaVantage sensor flushometer (model ZEMS6000AV-HET-IS) and some knockoff Bemis 1955/Olsonite 10 style seat. Located at the Amazon Fresh grocery store in Chevy Chase, MD (Friendship Heights area).

Kohler's new Kingston Ultra bowls are my favorite wall hung flushometer bowls. The design is very resemblant of an Afwall Millennium (which I like, but I wish Kohler added a condensation channel). The Kingston Ultra bowls also have great performance on lower water pressure and have a wider trapway mouth and have a better swirl than the Afwall Millennium.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks