How can I unclog a CPVC water supply pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

noone

Reaction score
I seem to have an issue with the supply pipe to my refrigerator. It is clogged. I have removed the gate valve and verified it's in working order. With the valve off the pipe, I can turn on the water to the house and nothing, not even a trickle comes out of this pipe. It was working fine yesterday.

This is CPVC that is in concrete slab.

Is there any way to blow out the lines? I've never seen anything like this. Backflush with a garden hose and leave the laundry tub cold open?

Time to call a plumber?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Do you realize how difficult it would be to "clog" a CPVC line to anything, much less for it to occur "overnight"? I would check under the sink to see if the line comes from there over to the icemaker, which is a common way to install the supply line to the refrigerator.

noone

Reaction score
Do you realize how difficult it would be to "clog" a CPVC line to anything, much less for it to occur "overnight"? I would check under the sink to see if the line comes from there over to the icemaker, which is a common way to install the supply line to the refrigerator.

I realize that now. Turns out I had a seriously blonde moment. When I reconnected the dual filter filtration system underneath the sink, I didn't plumb back in the output of the filters to the refrigerator line. I thought it was just an extra hot water pipe underneath there...... Now I know that refrigerator supply lines are run from underneath the kitchen sink!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Now I know that refrigerator supply lines are run from underneath the kitchen sink!!

Well, not always, just sometimes or often, it depends on the installer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks