Water hammer issue

Users who are viewing this thread

dj_poop

Reaction score
I have a water hammer issue that I cant seem to solve. I have installed the hammer arrestors in between the washer and the faucet. One thing I did notice was if I turned the cold water inlet off to the hot water tank the hammer seems to be gone. We only wash with cold water so this seems vary strange. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Did you put hammer arresters on both the hot and cold at the WM? Does it only happen when doing laundry?

dj_poop

Reaction score
I only have the hammer arrestor installed on the cold line, and if I turn the kitchen faucet off quickly I can reproduce the sound.
I am not sure how to tell the difference between water hammer and the heat traps clunking.

dj_poop

Reaction score
Ya the clunking is the loudest at the HWT and doesnt seem to come from anywhere else, is this a fixable issue?

dj_poop

Reaction score
How do I remove the heat traps? is it hard and better left to a plumber or can I handle it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks