how to stop water from coming out facet instead of shower head

Users who are viewing this thread

DudeFromTampa

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could recommend to stop the water from coming out of the facet instead of the shower head above. Can't afford a plumber right now and was hoping for a bandaid until I could get this fixed permanently. When I pull the nozzle on top of the facet head in the shower, the water is supposed to be diverted to the shower head which is above the picture. It recently stopped working. I tried everything I could think of.

THanks much for any assistance.
Joe

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 517

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Replace the spout. What may work as a tempera fix is hold the lever up until the shower head runs then release the lever.

John

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Spouts are generally attached in one of two ways: screw on, or push-on with a set screw to hold it where you want it. Either one is fairly easy to replace. Other than trying to see a hole in the bottom and then finding the screw slot or hole for an allen wrench, both of them normally come off easily. If they used caulk around the end of the spout, you have to cut through that to loosen it up. If it is screw on, then stick the handle of something like a screwdriver in the spout to give you some leverage and turn it counter-clockwise to remove. If it's a push-on, loosen the screw holding it a few turns, then literally, just pull it off.

tub_spout_allen.jpg

tub_spout_trim.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DudeFromTampa

Reaction score
thanks Jim for this. Printed it out and going to try it right now. Will let u know if it worked.

Spouts are generally attached in one of two ways: screw on, or push-on with a set screw to hold it where you want it. Either one is fairly easy to replace. Other than trying to see a hole in the bottom and then finding the screw slot or hole for an allen wrench, both of them normally come off easily. If they used caulk around the end of the spout, you have to cut through that to loosen it up. If it is screw on, then stick the handle of something like a screwdriver in the spout to give you some leverage and turn it counter-clockwise to remove. If it's a push-on, loosen the screw holding it a few turns, then literally, just pull it off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks