Schematics of Moving a Kitchen Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

ms222

Reaction score
Hi All,

Before I hire a plumber and pay him $75 for a service call just to tell me what can or cannot be done, please give me some guidance. I am in the process of a kitchen remodel and would like to move my sink setup about 30-40" to the left from the pictures below. Where the sink is now, will be a dishwasher, so I am concerned about the pipes hitting and the dishwasher not sitting flush on the back wall.

My main question is what is the cheapest and most effective way to move the sink piping? Extensions etc? I need something detailed so that I can talk to my friend about it who has plumbing knowledge. Thanks for your help guys.

20130908_205740.jpg20130908_205757.jpg20130908_205809.jpg20130908_205832.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
you will want to move that copper DWV piping in the wall.
Without seeing behind the drywall, it may be horizontal back there, or coming up vertical. It makes a difference which way it has been done before.

ms222

Reaction score
you will want to move that copper DWV piping in the wall.
Without seeing behind the drywall, it may be horizontal back there, or coming up vertical. It makes a difference which way it has been done before.

Thank you, it is not drywall but cement/plaster, and behind it cinderblock. So without cutting out the plaster there is no way to tell how to proceed? Can you give me a rough rough rough estimate of what it may cost me for a plumber to move this correctly, so at least I know what I may be working with here?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's hard to give an exact estimate looking at pictures which don't show inside the wall. You need to get a plumber or two down there. Most plumbers will cut the wall, but won't repair it after they're done with the pipes.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I don't even start my truck for $75.00 an hour, so my "rough" estimate would be a lot more than your $75.00/hour plumber would charge, assuming I knew what was inside the wall so I would know how it can be done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks