low voltage light question

Users who are viewing this thread

Richrc1131

Reaction score
I have a ceiling light that has a loose connection between two of the segments. This is one of those low voltage lights.

What happens is that the light randomly cuts off. If I squeeze that connection point, the light will stay on.

The connecting area has a small metal clip on the top and one on the bottom (with a single plastic cover) that bridge the gap. They seem to fit snug but I guess not snug enough to keep the connection. When I squeeze the sides of the plastic cover, it comes on.

There is a screw in the plastic peice that appears to be for tension, but doesn't fix the problem.

20130813_063806.jpg

Is there an inconspicuous and safe way to connect these two segments?

Richrc1131

Reaction score
Found the problem with the light fixture

I discovered the problem. This device is made up of several segments. Each segment needs to be in physical contact (end to end) with the other. They are loosely joined together by what looks like a 3 sided folder peice of metal and a plastic surround which has an adjustment screw on it. This adjustment screw doesn't appear to do much.

What happens is the two segments appear to work their way away from each other and have to be moved back into place.

I've included a picture (best I coud do) of the connection point.

20130808_180624.jpg

How can I secure these two segments together without making it look too obvious.?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Too much stuff like this is made in China...now, some of it may be designed here, but if they don't hold them fully accountable on production and QA/QC, what you end up with is crap. They can make some great stuff, but often, it's not! Depends on who designed it and is watching over the process. Garbage in, garbage out. Good stuff tends to actually cost a bit.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Too much stuff like this is made in China...now, some of it may be designed here, but if they don't hold them fully accountable on production and QA/QC, what you end up with is crap. They can make some great stuff, but often, it's not! Depends on who designed it and is watching over the process. Garbage in, garbage out. Good stuff tends to actually cost a bit.

That is what I was thinking.

Could probably take it back to WM and get a refund.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks