pumptec problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Timbuktu

Reaction score
Should I start a new thread?

ive now discussed, to my satisfaction, the thread" Pumptec problem "and the other" $10 control box".

Now that I have a new pump and control box I want to discuss , i can see it two options.

1-This should be a whole new topic (that's how I see it)
2- Continue on this thread. Moderators might think it is still related to the original post"Pumptec problem

So Ill ask before I start a new thread. "My new Gould 1/2 HP pump and the new control box"
Which should I do : new topic or continuation of this thread?
Mods,anyone?

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Start another.

Three is a Charm.

Have fun.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
ive now discussed, to my satisfaction, the thread" Pumptec problem "and the other" $10 control box".

Now that I have a new pump and control box I want to discuss , i can see it two options.

1-This should be a whole new topic (that's how I see it)
2- Continue on this thread. Moderators might think it is still related to the original post"Pumptec problem

So Ill ask before I start a new thread. "My new Gould 1/2 HP pump and the new control box"
Which should I do : new topic or continuation of this thread?
Mods,anyone?
No, youre NOT stupid.

I agree with Don; start another thread. Got to go outside now and Mo zee lawn. Voir Don, Je parle francaise aussi:eek:

Timbuktu

Reaction score
I thought Id take a couple snapshots of my water suckin life suckin project I got myself into 7 years ago! Id limit it to a couple next time. Ive got 12 cottonwoods and they are desert thirsty from march or April to october.I start watering in march and it peaks at about 50+ gal per day per tree during the hotest months june-sept or oct. Adding the other plants totals 1100 gal per day . Water drains through the decomposed granit soil UP TO 2.5 gal per minute in some spots. $2 per day(for the 12 mo av) is a rough estimate of cost.Thats including most all the repairs,of pumps etc ive had,probably cause these are deep residential pumps and not the shallow farm pumps I we had when i was as a kid.
They rarely iif ever in 20 years gave a proble. But then they must have been a wee bit more $ ?

Now I know what is meant by the term "sinkhole" when describing deserts.

For those of you that are curious,the cottonwoods are Fremont and theyre about 25 ft tall and 10 ft at the base. trunks ar 32 in dia.lets see 32 /3.14= 10" trunk dia? is that right? they look more like 7 in dia with a ruler ...Im math challenged sometimes.

NEVER AGAIN!

Thanks for all the help fellas.

No, youre NOT stupid.

I agree with Don; start another thread. Got to go outside now and Mo zee lawn. Voir Don, Je parle francaise aussi:eek:

Attachments

• DSC05511 thicket.jpg
    DSC05511 thicket.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC05509  CW and tank.jpg
    DSC05509 CW and tank.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks