Quality of Drip Irrigation Equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

pmsmith2032

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy drip irrigation equipment and I am wondering if there is any difference in quality between equipment (tubing, emitters, microsprayers etc) purchased at a hardware store (******* - Rain Bird and Orbit) and equipment offered online. I've read that sprinkler equipment offered online is often higher quality (commercial) as opposed to that in big-box stores, but I haven't seen anything on the drip irrigation eqiupment. Thanks in advance!

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy drip irrigation equipment and I am wondering if there is any difference in quality between equipment (tubing, emitters, microsprayers etc) purchased at a hardware store (******* - Rain Bird and Orbit) and equipment offered online. I've read that sprinkler equipment offered online is often higher quality (commercial) as opposed to that in big-box stores, but I haven't seen anything on the drip irrigation eqiupment. Thanks in advance!

Most of the stuff is made of plastic.

If it is plastic, then it is the same junk, IE made in China.

I would use fine mesh water screens / filter or you may find things plugging up often.

I have had good luck with Rain Bird products, and they are cheap and easy to replace.

Good Luck.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is no such thing as a "commercial drip system". It is all the same regardless of the manufacturer. You can also get the "commercial" sprinkler parts locally, just not at a big box store which caters to people looking for the lowest price.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plastic drip emitters will not last forever, but they are really pretty cheap. I too doubt there is any difference in quality for irrigation companies to hardware stores, they just usually will have a great selection to choose from and the people in those businesses can offer more accurate advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks