Hard to find closet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

mekump

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a closet flange that will fit over a 4" PVC pipe. I think the Oatley 43521 is what I am looking for, but the local stores do not carry it. I have not been able to locate one online either. Does anyone know where I can purchase the Oatley or a similar closet flange?

Tia,
Mike

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You don't say what continent/country/state/province/city you are in. Why does it need to be a 4" hub? Why can't you use the 3" hub that also fits inside a 4"?

mekump

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I live in the USA. My plan is to replace the 90 3x3 with a 4x3 hub closet bend with a 4" stack cut flush with the top of the closet flange. I'd prefer a closet flange that slips over the 4" pipe, not inside. Doesn't have to be Oakley, that's just the brand I found with what I think I am looking for. This is all be on being done b/c the current closet flange is sitting on the sub floor and we are getting ready to tile the bathroom and I would like to have the closet flange sitting on top of the finished floor (tile).

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I tend to disagree with LL, as any of the plumbing retailers or big box stores around here sell them in either configuration. Most of our stores that carry Oatey will special order from their catalog if it is not in stock.

Asktom

Reaction score
I'm with Cacher, that should be easy to find. I can't imagine having to special order it. If the place you are shopping doesn't have it, the next plumbing department down the road should.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Inside fit on a 4" closet bend is fine. If it was 3", then you would be cutting the inside diameter too much.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have ALWAYS used flanges that slide over a 4" pipe, one reason being that they are EVERYWHERE, and very easy to find. if you cannot find one, you are looking, or asking, for the wrong thing.

mekump

Reaction score
Thanks for all those who responded.

I finally found one, a Sioux Chief 886-4PTM. I guess I just didn't visit enough stores before posting the question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks