Hopelessly clogged

Users who are viewing this thread

arapahoepark

Reaction score
Hey, the past day or two the toilet was clogged after a large ... but, I digress. It's been able to go down since however, it is slower than it used to. We've tried plunging with different plungers, using vinegar and baking soda, and clorox a couple times each. Someone, does not want to use the snake which I think it might help but this person in the house (who shall remain anonymous) doesn't want to thinking it won't work and it takes too much.
Any advice??

Stephen411

Reaction score
It's common to see toilet paper getting snagged on a sharp edge of the toilet flange. Somebody also could have flushed a toothbrush or a Q-tip and no amount of clorox will clear that. I would remove the toilet, inspect the flange and check for debris. If it passes this test, then it will be much easier to snake the drain with the toilet removed.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
If I pulled the toilet every time I was called out on a toilet stoppage, before trying to clear it with a plunger and auger I wouldn't have many repeat customers. Pulling the toilet is the last option.

John

Suceress

Reaction score
If I pulled the toilet every time I was called out on a toilet stoppage, before trying to clear it with a plunger and auger I wouldn't have many repeat customers. Pulling the toilet is the last option.

John

I have to agree with you here. Best to try the auger and if that fails, take the toilet off.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
you can try to flush a bio diaper or a small bio wash cloth other than that you are stuck with the auger.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
auger_01.jpg

We use a closet auger with the large 1-3/8" end on it.
Smaller cables can go right by the obstruction and not move it.

auger_02.jpg

I wouldn't try flushing more wash clothes down like Cameron suggests. I think he's just messing with you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks