Is zoeller or liberty pro370 the best sewer ejector?

Users who are viewing this thread

spridle11

Reaction score
Is the Zoeller or the Liberty Pro370 the better sewer ejector pump from a standpoint of longevity and serviceability? I had an old steel tank ejector of unknown manufacture rust through. Regrettably a new Zoeller M267 pump was purchased to install in the old tank before the rust-through was discovered. I'm told by area plumbers that the Liberty Pro370 is the best system available. I'd like some other input from members of the forum.

Since I have the new Zoeller M267 pump, can it be installed in a Liberty Pro370 basin? My thought is to use the Zoeller pump in the Liberty basin until it fails and then change it out to the supposedly superior Liberty pump. In this way I would already have the Liberty basin in the floor. I have no idea if the Zoeller and Liberty pumps have the same base footprint so that the Zoeller pump will engage the built in torque stops in the Liberty Pro370 basin. The advantage of the Liberty Quicktree (off-pump) float and switch system would be lost by using the Zoeller pump which has an integral (on-pump) float and internal motor switching.

My second option is to buy a Zoeller 10ft stack test basin and use the Zoeller M267 pump. I'd rather have a plastic cover than a steel one that could rust through; however, it seems that Zoeller basins passing the 10ft stack test all have steel covers. Additionally the Zoeller literature does not specify which basins have the built in pump torque stops. Can anyone recommend an 18" diameter x 30" deep (2" vent /2" discharge) Zoeller basin with torque stops, a 10' stack test rating and a plastic cover that they typically use?

Third option would be to sell the Zoeller pump and buy the Liberty system if in fact it has clear advantages over a Zoeller system. Maybe I'm just plain over-thinking this.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have never used a Liberty pump, but the supply house where I purchase my pumps did sell them. but because they had an extremely high volume of warranty issues with them dropped the line.

spridle11

Reaction score
I have never used a Liberty pump, but the supply house where I purchase my pumps did sell them. but because they had an extremely high volume of warranty issues with them dropped the line.

Thanks for your insight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks