India, Qutab Minar, Indo-Islamic architecture and world's tallest minaret

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
India, Quta Minar, Indo-Islamic architecture and world's tallest minaret in Old Delhi.

Qutub Minar. The Qutub Tower; also known as Qutb Minar and Qutab Minar, is the tallest minaret in India, originally an ancient Hindu monument, and is a UNESCOWorld Heritage Site. Located in Delhi, the Qutub Minar is made of red sandstone and marble. The tower has 379 stairs, is 237.8 ft high, and has a base diameter of 14.3 metres, which narrows to 2.7 metres at the last storey. Construction was started in 1192 by Qutub-ud-din Aibak and was completed by Iltutmish. It is surrounded by several other ancient and medieval structures and ruins, collectively known as the Qutub complex. Tradition assigns the erection of the pillar to Anang Pal, whose name it bears, with the date 1052 C.E.

Sue, who has been many places rated our India trip, on a scale of 1 to 10 an 11.5! It was fun.
www.go-today.com

india_3506.jpg

india_3552.jpg

india_3514.jpg

Sue standing in front of the iron pillar

india_3515.jpg

Some of the artword on the arch

india_3517.jpg

india_3527.jpg

The tower has 379 stairs, is 237.8 ft high

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Terry good to see you looking well and enjoying some travel...

Looks like you've been off that diet you were on last time I was around...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi Mark,
That's my GF Sue that I was traveling with. She works in travel and sells group tours in Europe and Asia. www.go-today.com

And Redwood, it wasn't so much a diet two years ago, more like lost weight from surgery's. I'm healthy now, and I've gone back to my previous weight, which I like. A lot!

Sue was very much fun to travel with!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
And Redwood, it wasn't so much a diet two years ago, more like lost weight from surgery's. I'm healthy now, and I've gone back to my previous weight, which I like. A lot!

Yea I know I was understating it just a bit...
It's good to see you looking in such good shape and thoroughly enjoying life on this side of the grass...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks