AquaPure CWS series softener

Users who are viewing this thread

bishoptf

Reaction score
Thought I would post this as a follow up, I had ordered a Aquapure cws (cws150me to be exact) series softener and I picked it up on Friday. Thought I would post some of the details about the unit for others if they were thinking about going with the same unit. Still trying to verify a couple of items like resin used, will update the information if I can get the information from Aquapure.

I went with the CWS series since it was using the clack ws1-cs control valve, what I thought was interesting is that when unboxed it the whole system appears to have been made from clack. The resin tank is a clack 10x44 resin tank which is smaller than the traditional 10x54 unit but uses a turbolator. The Brine tank also appears to be from clack although there are no model numbers on the brine tank that I can find.

The whole system looks like it comes from clack with the Aquapure name stuck to it the on the only thing I would like to find out is if the internal components of the resin tank also came from Clack and if so what brand of resin did they use.

So to sum up the aquapure appears to be an all clack made unit with most of the parts that I looked at "Made in the USA", can't beat that.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Clack does make more than just a valve. They make media and brine tanks as well as other items. If you had ordered a Fleck or Autotrol, it may have arrived with a Clack media tank and brine tank. Clack does not make resin.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Clack markets many medias, they dont actually make them. The unit you have is an excellent system and will last you many years, congrats!

bishoptf

Reaction score
Just an update, finally got everything torn out and updated on friday, the drain hose took me awhile since I couldn't find anything that really would work with the correct diameter and in the end just used hard pvc for the drain line.

One thing I want to update about the Aqua Pure "CWS" units now that I have gotten to play with one, the model that they are using at least on the unit I have is a WS1 model and NOT a WS1CS model. It lacks all of the programming codes that can be found in the CS1 and appears to set those times based on the salt dosage specified, just wanted to post this so if anyone searches looking for more Aquapure information hopefully they will come across it.

Would like to get some opinions on my times, appears that one of the settings you can set the backwash times to normal or longer. Right now my brine time is 60min and 2 backwash cycles are 8min each, I think the longer setting will make the backwash cycles to 10min. I have read a lot but it wasn't clear how one determined the ideal cycle time for your system based on your numbers.

Bases for my numbers are 12gpg hardness (city water no iron), 4 people (2 bathrooms, no high flow shower heads etc), so I was coming up with ~23000 for 8 days, so based on that I was using 7.5lbs salt dosage and 24000K.

bishoptf

Reaction score
What size softener is it?

Does the control have 5 buttons straight across or two lines with 3 buttons over 2 buttons?

Its the model I mentioned in the first post, Aquapure CWS150ME, which is a 1.5CF although in a 10x44 tank, using a turbulator, its an all Clack setup. It has 5 buttons straight across, just doesnt give me any of the program options, appears to be an orginal WS1 that adjust the times based on the salt dosage setting.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Then you probably have the original version without pre programed codes and no battery on the board. Or it is proprietary to 3M because I don't remember not setting the minutes of the various cycles on any version except the CS and you used pre programmed P code to do it. Or Clack could have changed something over the last few years that I don't know about.

For a 1.5 cuft I would go with Normal backwash and just one for 8 minutes and the rinse for 6 minutes, or however long it sets the minutes to.

bishoptf

Reaction score
This is what I jotted down when it went through its cycle:

Fill - 4:31min
Pre ( I currently set it up this way I could change) - 120min countdown
Backwash1 - 8min
Brine - 60min
Backwash2 - 8min
Rinse 4min
Fill - 5 sec

It appears to be a WS1 and the programming follows the WS1 OEM manual, appears that the second backwash is always on in downflow mode. It has the battery backup in it, supposed to keep things for 8 hours. I could link to the manual but it is the ws1 OEM manual.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
"that adjust the times based on the salt dosage setting."

You've lost me. So it doesn't have the P numbers and isn't a CS version of the WS1. It is still a WS1 and possibly the EE version.

Have you programmed the two different sections of the valve? I ask becasue you asked about the Normal or Longer backwashes as if you could select either and I know if you get into the rght part of the valve you can select either. You also selected Pre Fill.

I don't know of any WS1 that sets the length of the cycle times based on the salt dose and if it did, you'd also have to tell it how much resin was in it and Clack has never asked for that info, they all ask for the K of capacity and that depends on the salt dose lbs you program it for.

Tell me what all you programmed and, in what order and, how you got into that part of the programing.

bishoptf

Reaction score
"that adjust the times based on the salt dosage setting."

You've lost me. So it doesn't have the P numbers and isn't a CS version of the WS1. It is still a WS1 and possibly the EE version.

Have you programmed the two different sections of the valve? I ask becasue you asked about the Normal or Longer backwashes as if you could select either and I know if you get into the rght part of the valve you can select either. You also selected Pre Fill.

I don't know of any WS1 that sets the length of the cycle times based on the salt dose and if it did, you'd also have to tell it how much resin was in it and Clack has never asked for that info, they all ask for the K of capacity and that depends on the salt dose lbs you program it for.

Tell me what all you programmed and, in what order and, how you got into that part of the programing.

Its a WS1 not a WS1CS, here is a manual that I found online and it programs just like the manual states - http://www.branchwaterinc.net/V3115_WS1_1.25.pdf

Here is the section I am referring to on pages 4 and 5 (table 2 and 3)-

"When set up as a softener the backwash and rinse cycles automatically increase with increasing salt dosage. Backwashes can be set to be NORMAL or LONGER. The option selected will apply to all backwashes. Tables 2 and 3 show the length of the cycles when the valve is set up as a softener."

and I can verify that this is how it works, and it actually appears to be fairly straight forward, and in my case I think it will work out just fine.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks