Will Spraying Drione Ruin My Copper Pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

LAnewplumber

Reaction score
A licensed pest control company I'd like to hire told me they can spray the sub-floor (aka crawl space) to help get rid of some roaches. I asked them what chemical(s) they would use and they said they use Drione.

I had the building re-piped about ten years ago with copper piping and want to make sure that I won't be damaging my property. The website claims the following as the active ingredients:

Pyrethrins - 1.0%
Piperonyl Butoxide - 10.0%
Amorphous Silica Gel - 40.0%

If anyone has any insight, I'll very thankful. Forum members pointed out to me in a previous question to not even think about spraying bleach down there, as bleach ruins copper.

Thanks in advance!

LAnewplumber

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I doubt that they will be spraying the chemical on the bottom of the floor where the pipes are, but you would have to contact the manufacturer of the chemical as to its properties. I do not think it would have any effect on the copper tubing, except maybe to discolor it.

LAnewplumber

Reaction score
I doubt that they will be spraying the chemical on the bottom of the floor where the pipes are, but you would have to contact the manufacturer of the chemical as to its properties. I do not think it would have any effect on the copper tubing, except maybe to discolor it.

As I understand it, they're spray the entire crawl space (i.e. the area beneath the floor on the first floor; the area where the cable guys crawls under to run wires, etc).

Good idea to send an email to the manufacturer.

Thanks,

LAnewplumber

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; they're spray the entire crawl space (i.e. the area beneath the floor on the first floor

I would think they would spray the walls and FLOOR of the crawl space, not the bottom of the first floor. They want to keep them OUT of the crawl space, not TRAP them there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks