Pedestal Sink Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

BacciJack

Reaction score
I bought a new home last year and the previous owner had not attached the pedestal sink to the wall. So now I am trying to complete the installation correctly. My problem is that I think I am missing some of the mounting hardware and am hoping that folks can point me in the right direction.

The sink is manufactured by Hometek. I can't find a model number listed anywhere on the fixture. When I do an internet search for "Hometek sinks" I only get a handful of results, none of which is helpful. (I was hoping I could find online installation instructions.)

Here is a photo of the mounting holes at the back of the sink.

IMG_2080.jpg

As you can see, there are just two large holes (about 1" long ovals). I am assuming there is another piece of hardware that fits into these holes to complete the installation??? Does anyone have experience with this style of pedestal sink who can give me some tips or direction?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On the few I've dealt with, they just used a hanger bolt (a headless bolt with a coarse wood screw thread (lag bolt) on one end and a normal machine screw bolt's threads on the other), a big fender washer or a bar connecting both holes, and a nut. The bolt needs to go into blocking in the wall. If you used something like a lag bolt, the coarse threads would make snugging it up too dangerous. A little silicon caulk on the back will also act like a good glue.

www.wingits.com also makes some good wall anchors.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just pick up some toggle bolts and fender washers.

The fender washer prevents the nut from pulling through those large holes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks