Fleck valve questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Cruisecontrol49

Reaction score
Good Day to all,

I am trying to rehab a Fleck 5600 econo. I found a new main valve, and a brine valve, in some old plumbing yard sale boxes. I need to know if these valves will work as replacements for the original valves. The new valves look identical to the old one's except for the color. The original valves are green, the new main valve is gray and the new brine valve is black.

thanks for your time and knowledge

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Photos of the current valve and some photos of that you found.
Then we will have an idea as to what is going on.
I know that there are green end plugs for the pistons of the 5600 and then there are black, white.... and I think a gray... so some photos would really help.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Piston cap
Grey = low water use, good for municipal or clean water supplies. Required in some areas for water efficiency
White = standard, the most common in use. Good for well or municipal, uses more water during regeneration
black = greensand or filter valve.

Piston rod color has changed over theyears depending on the teflon manufacturer. Same goes for the brine valve color. The teflon coating color does not indicate anything. Be sure to carefully check the length of the brine valve, that design is used on many valves and the length can vary, it is very common for people to put in one that s too long or too short.

Cruisecontrol49

Reaction score
I tried to load some pics but wasn't having much luck. I finally got the phone number of a reputable pro...he's coming Monday with some other parts that I need for the control head.

thanks for all your replies... I really appreciate your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks