Help! Don't know how to fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

wmo168

Reaction score
I did a demo on my kitchen and I crack the T piple (See pic bottom) and as well as I made a cut on the top pipe since the new cabinet block it. Now I am not sure how should I fix it, the top drain should goes to left kitchen sink and the bottom drain is goes to the Garbage Disposial.

I know you suppose to cut off the bad piece but there is no room to do the recoupling if I cut it and I don't want to open up a wall.

I look into RAM BIT but it is a bit expensive. Please advice what's the best way to fix this as all the coupling are GLUED.

IMG_4410 (Large).jpgIMG_4411 (Large).jpgIMG_4413 (Large).jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
whoever installed that wanted to make sure that WHOEVER took it apart would have their work cut out for them to change it. Right now, a RamBit, or similar, may be your only hope.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your options are to buy the ram-bit and hope it does the job, or open the wall & cut out the sanitary tees.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can also try cutting off the fitting about 1" away from the hub, saw a cut in the hub, and then splitting off the hub, working your way around. A flat blade screwdriver and hammer is handy for that.
The Ram Bit is pretty nice though.

wmo168

Reaction score
Thank you all for the inpute.

You can also try cutting off the fitting about 1" away from the hub, saw a cut in the hub, and then splitting off the hub, working your way around. A flat blade screwdriver and hammer is handy for that.
The Ram Bit is pretty nice though.

Thank you all for the inputs! It was a double sink and I don't know why it has two outlet.

I will try cutting off the fitting about 1" away at hub, saw a cut in the hub and slowly work my way to get the outside off using saw or hack saw. I want to get a RAM BIT but it is quite expensive for one time use.. So sad that they don't rent those.

I will post an update later.

wmo168

Reaction score
Here are the results!

Thank you all for the inputs! It was a double sink and I don't know why it has two outlet.

I will try cutting off the fitting about 1" away at hub, saw a cut in the hub and slowly work my way to get the outside off using saw or hack saw. I want to get a RAM BIT but it is quite expensive for one time use.. So sad that they don't rent those.

I will post an update later.

Took all your advice and use a hack saw to cut close to the pipe then I use a dremel tool to cut and sand off the PVC pipe to the right shape.

I then I prime and use the extra strong (thick) pvc glue to put in the new fitting as seen in the pictures and also fill in with the gap with new pipe insert.

Everything works now and doesn't leak!

Thank you all for the help.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 226
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 226
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks