Strange find

Users who are viewing this thread

Wptski

Retired Machine Repairman
Reaction score
I flushed my almost new Cadet 3 before showering. I noticed that there is some bright blue substance at the bottom of the bowl. I moved it with toilet brush. It looks like the Lysol MAXcoverage cleaner that I use. The catch is that I haven't used it for weeks! How or where could that substance have been hiding in the trap way and suddenly appear?

Wptski

Reaction score
Not even any pets? Some cats like playing in the toilet bowl...
i believe in the "mellow yellow" theory, so I made a liquid deposit, flushed it and took a shower. Right after the shower, I notice the stuff in the bowl. I'm told that when I was a young kid I pee'd purple! :D That had something to do with a strike at a local pop bottling firm.

Cookie

Reaction score
Hi there, there are lots of things that can turn your urine blue. One of them is an addiitive that they used to add to pop, soda pop; too much calcium, high levels of it, kids get it and it is called, diaper blue. Meds, can do it, Methrodrate, probably spelling it wrong, sorry, but, it did mine, and along with the whites of my eyes. Food dyes, like in icing, etc; chemicals, and even, certain diseases can display that symptom, I would get a check-up, it can't hurt; probably, nothing to worry about, but, better safe than sorry is my motto.

Wptski

Reaction score
Hi there, there are lots of things that can turn your urine blue. One of them is an addiitive that they used to add to pop, soda pop; too much calcium, high levels of it, kids get it and it is called, diaper blue. Meds, can do it, Methrodrate, probably spelling it wrong, sorry, but, it did mine, and along with the whites of my eyes. Food dyes, like in icing, etc; chemicals, and even, certain diseases can display that symptom, I would get a check-up, it can't hurt; probably, nothing to worry about, but, better safe than sorry is my motto.
The blue trace appeared after a flush not before and was a thicker substance. I moved it with a brush, it was gone from the bowl and wasn't on the brush.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Wow, you sure know a lot about medicine; you are one smart Cookie. Happy New Year!

Cookie

Reaction score
Wow, you sure know a lot about medicine; you are one smart Cookie. Happy New Year!

I am always sick, lol, I guess one learns from experience. :) I guess, I should had read his posts better. Happy New Year to you, Bob!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks