Pex copper manifld - broken port - need advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Curtis Myers

Reaction score
Hi - I accidentally broke a port on a copper pex manifold. Approximately 2/3'rds of the port broke off with the remaining 1/3 left. I was still able to put get the 1/2" line on the broken port and I clamped a new pex washer on it and miraculously it sealed up. Should I be concerned that it's only holding on 1/3 of the remaining port? Is it possible this could leak in the future? The manifold has 8 ports on it so I would rather not replace it. Thoughts/opinions...thanks. I can send a picture of the broken piece if necessary.

u.s.coins

Reaction score
Hi - I accidentally broke a port on a copper pex manifold. Approximately 2/3'rds of the port broke off with the remaining 1/3 left. I was still able to put get the 1/2" line on the broken port and I clamped a new pex washer on it and miraculously it sealed up. Should I be concerned that it's only holding on 1/3 of the remaining port? Is it possible this could leak in the future? The manifold has 8 ports on it so I would rather not replace it. Thoughts/opinions...thanks. I can send a picture of the broken piece if necessary.

...pic might help. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks